Just purchased 1995 2WD Explorer 4.0 OHV XLT | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just purchased 1995 2WD Explorer 4.0 OHV XLT

Bruce Walendy

Reaction score
City, State
San Francisco
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Explorer 2WD XLT
Hi,

So glad I purchased this vehicle. It has almost 200k miles and runs like it needs some attention but not bad at all. I really like it. Someone had taken decent care of it as it looks great and was mostly highway miles. The transmission has been replaced in the last three years. I paid $1100.

I was not sure if I would like it. I did not like driving the first generation Explorer but this one drives fantastic. It has cavernous space and to my surprise, it gets fantastic fuel economy. That really did surprise me. I get all that power, all that space, all that comfort, all that reliability, all that drivability in a great looking truck! When I look at the body lines compared to the original Explorer it is much more aerodynamic. I am going to get it all fixed up.

I recently replaced the front lenses for the headlights and signals. That was the only cosmetic problem with the truck! I replaced the shocks front and rear with coil-overs on the rear. I replaced the coil pack, plugs, and wires. I put new tires and am about to replace the fuel filter, fuel injectors, camshaft position sensor, and a few other incidentals in that process.

If I can get five years out of it I will be very happy and the truck will owe me nothing. I bet I can easily get five years, maybe many more.

Regards,
Bruce

20181019_121925.jpg

20181019_115339.jpg

Back