Just saying hi and why Im here. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just saying hi and why Im here.

ChaosTheory17

Reaction score
City, State
Tallahassee Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
First off I love this place I only drive ford products and have had an 1996 explorer 4.0 2wd for the past 5 years needless to say if I had a problem this is where I came lol.

Anyway last week on my way home (about an hour and a half out of town) My tranny went boom lol. I have never rebuilt an automatic so I just bought a cheap f150.

Witch brings me to why Im here. over the next month or however long it takes Ill be stripping anything and everything from my explorer and selling it. I dont wanna feel like Im throwing the car away cause it really has been a great car but. I wanted to just sell it locally to someone who to fix but the only people who want it are gonna do the same thing Im going to do. Here is my baby I hope I help alot of ppl by doing this.

downsize.jpg

downsize2.jpg

Welcome to the forum!

Why not get a cheap trans and save your Ex?

Also- lots of people are looking for parts, but you do need to be an "Elite Member" (only $20) before you can sell parts, etc... :thumbsup:

INFO ON ELITE MEMBERSHIP CLICK HERE

If it suddenly quit without warning it is probably the torque converter. Happens quite often on Fords.

Back