Just tired of the same ol' explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just tired of the same ol' explorer

Xplorer95

Reaction score
City, State
Lexington, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 XLT
I have a '95 explorer xlt 4x4... I'm just plain tired of it, but i checked nada and kelly blue book, and it won't be worth a whole lot for trade-in in a couple of years. I just want to make it "new and exciting" just like I came home with a brand new truck. That way I'll be able to stand having it longer, b/c right now, its "old and boring". Now, before I go any further on how to "remodel" my Ex, is this 4.0 and the rest of the car gonna last? Currently, I have 95,000 miles....how long before I start running into some expensive problems? Now, how can I make my explorer look good and be like new? some fiberglass panels? wheels? tires? many of you have changed your explorers...what can I do? I don't want to look like a 2004 explorer, just don't want to look like the overplayed, out-dated, '95 explorer...something that might stand out a little bit.....????

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nothing changes the look of your truck more than a new set of wheels. They can be very expensive but that is probably what you need.

Custom paint job, brush guard, lift kit, tinted windows, bigger tires... It all depends on how much money your willing to spend. The truck itself (body) will hold up well for many more years, they only to worry about would be your tranny. But if you've taken care of it and kept it flushed regularly, it should last for a couple more years. **I am not responsible if doesnt last** its a crappy transmission, so what can I say? Good luck with whatever you decide.:)

mud and dents help a vehicles appearance a lot. thats my suggestion.

Is there something to do to the headlights to get away from that "bug-eyed" look? What about the flat, plain rear hatch?

Fourx fred...."mud and dents help a vehicles appearance a lot. thats my suggestion"

That might be the funniest thing I have ever heard.....but true!

Back