Just wanted to take a survey of who has Street Trucks? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Just wanted to take a survey of who has Street Trucks?

1997 V6, SOH, control-tract, heavy duty gas shocks, factory installed running boards, super engine cooling, Black/rocker 2 tone gray. WAAG brush guard.
Drop-in K&N Air filter with modified box.
Flowmaster muffler.
Michellin LTX M/S

Hopefully more to come Dead Link Removed

------------------
1997 XLT, V6 SOHC
NY State of Mind

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just in case you missed my post in the "For Sale Forum" I have a couple items for sale that will drop your 91-94 explorer quite a bit. Let me know if interested. Cheap Cheap!

------------------
Brian Green
-2001 Sport Trac
-1992 Explorer 2wd w/ six
inch suspension lift
-1992 Ranger 2wd w/ 5.5
inch suspension lift
Trckmagik@aol.com

I live in Florida and my truck is for street use. I just purchased a SuperChip and luck would have it that I need some type of jumper on the truck computer. Anyone out there with the same problem? Truck sound great and it can move....

91 Explorer Sport 4.0 V6 EFI
K&N FIPK
BBK 66MM THROTTLEBODY
BORLA HEADERS
FLOWMASTER 40 AND 2 1/4 CUSTOM PIPES
180 JET THEMOSTAT
UNI TRACKTION BARS
Wind Jammer
Lund Sunvisor
Smithblit front bumper

NEXT MODS
MASS AIR SENSOR
SUPERCHIP

I am happy to see a street area here! I have a 92 explorer, but I have a few problems: My Tach is off, alot, when the key is off, it is at 0 but when I turn on the key, it jumps to 3000 and when the engine is running, it moves between there and 4000, anyone know what's up?
Second Dead Link Removed I put 235/60's on my truck, and the speedo is off.. well the Ford parts store here wanted to make me a new one..ha! any one know where I can get a new one so my speedo will be accurate?
Lastly... I want to put a performance chip in, what is the best one for my Explorer??
Hope to hear from you guys soon!

Jim

Man I totally forgot about this area. Oh well! I just ordered Borla headers and a Borla cat-back, hopefully I'll be able to find a way to put in the headers. I am also modifing my airbox in a little different way than everyone else. I'll try to get some pictures when I'm done.
Jim

Mine is a STREET truck!

DSC00262.jpg

Street Is Neat!

I drive the original Explorer X

This vehicle is a 4 X4, but with the suspensions mods it is a street truck! It does see occasional dirt and snow, but it is road goer!

X-Spec Sway Bars & Front Springs, Edelborock Shocks, Tokico Composite Leaf Springs, Eibach "Soft-Ride" Rear Suspension Upgrade, Rear Disc Conversion, Borla Headers & Exhaust, Pro-M 70mm MAF, BBK Throttle Body, Jet Chip, (Vortech V-1 Supercharger removed) X-Spec Front Air Dam, Catz MSP Fog Lights, Stull Billet Grille, Sport Trend Running Boards, Deflectashield Flares, 16 X 8 Supierior Tri Bar Wheels, Grant Steering Wheel, Carbon Fiber Dash Trim Misc other stuff......

Can not seem to pry it away from my wife! Fortunately I have other cool (faster) Explorers around here to drive.

John V @ EE

Attachments

• explorer x white web.jpg
    explorer x white web.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 2,840

As seen in Today's Truck & SUV Magazine Feb 1997

Attachments

• explorer x white 2 web.jpg
    explorer x white 2 web.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 2,804

DSC00536.jpg

Glad to see I could revive a 3+ year old thread.

It is amazing how the site has evolved to include and accept the street trucks! :cool:

I am truly amazed you were able to bring this thread back to life....no one but you, Black Magic.....:)

BTW,
Street all the way.... :chug:

mines not quite street yet... but its getting there. i cant WAIT until i finally get it lowered... :p
frontangle.jpg

Re: Street Is Neat!

Originally posted by JOHN V.
......(Vortech V-1 Supercharger removed)......

why would you do that...is it gettin some miles on it or something?

Honestly, we were disappointed with the performance. The centrifugal type blower does not spool up until about 3000 rpm's. With a 5000 rpm redline, performance is shortlived and there is a substantial bog prior to boost. On top of that, it was very noisy. Overall, not a good bang for the buck. We removed it with intentions of installing the Eaton unit from BBK. The BBK kit took about three years to materialize. By that time I was satisfied enough with performance and we went on to supercharging V8 &V6 SOHC Explorers with our own Eaton kits.

Count me in. A work in progress, though.

Here's mine...

Attachments

• x0000008.jpg
    x0000008.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 2,775

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here's mine the other day when it was clean

Here is my sport truck. I love it and man it is FUN to drive. I just installed my Baumann shift kit the other day. I decided to go with stage 4 (thanks for the recommendation James) I love the shift between 1-2 usually it would shift decent and all but it would kind of fall behind if i was in a race. Now it lurches forward and throws me into my seat. And that is from a pretty much stocker V-8 for now. Wont be able to be considered stock too long being that the shift kit was shipment 1 of 2 including my injectors, chip, and mas from blk mk8. Then i shall install the charger. All in all i love my vehicle and would not trade it for a Lightning!!!

Attachments

• my car after detail and trim.jpg
    my car after detail and trim.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 2,653

Back