Justin's 97 Sport -- "Sue" | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Justin's 97 Sport -- "Sue"

Hey all,

I've been around for maybe a year, looking at various things to do, but i figured i might as well put what i've done so far out there and what i hope to do.

I have Christened her Sue.

97 sport
4wd
leather interior
premium sound
sun roof
4.0 SOHC
4.10 Gears w/ "towing Package"

SueStock.jpg

I got my explorer in February of 2007 for 7000 with a one year bumper to bumper warranty with 90098 miles.

This isn't mine, but it's about as stock as i could find a picture of a sport.

Anyways, current and previous mods are:
Sony Explod head Unit 52WX4 ($243 w/ install)
2 12" Sony 1000W peak @ 4ohm subs ($130 with box)
Sony explod 1200W 2way amp ($199.99)
3way pioneers 6X8 in the back ($70)
4way pioneers 6x8 in the front ($30)
LED's in Cup holders, underside of the doors( $10, 100LEDs)
Stock 16s painted Black with Chrome center caps ($20 Krylon ultra flat camo (X3))
Removed Nerf Bars (Freebie)
Painted Vents black (Freebie)
Painted Speaker Grills black (Freebie)
Cobra 12 band (Freebie)
Magellen Roadmate 1200 ($170)
Fog Light Mod (Freebie)
Brown Wire Mod (Freebie)
8000k Bi-xenon HID's (110 shipped)
Custom Intake ($70)
Fuel Rail Magnets ( $30)
Tornado ($8.95)(Don't flame... willing to try anything to get more out of this poor ex)
Throttle Body Screws dremeled down (Freebie)
Shift Glow Digital vacuum Gauge ($65)
8k HID 800 series ($60 w/ shipping)
Blue/Red LED bars w/ Controller (23.99 w/ shipping)
desert bar w/ hella ($125) from Joshuaj
2 inch lift shackles ($20) From joshuaj
Sony explod 600w peak box ($130)
black out Headlights ($80) 410Fortune
dual xdvd8183 ($320)
Transmission Rebuilt with Trans-go Shift kit ($1300)
Transfer Case ($250)
Krylon bed liner X6 ($45)
Expedition Tow Hooks X2 ($20)

Current Total: $10,575.93

Repairs from 2 deer: $125(thank you E-bay)

As She sits now
DSC00620.jpg

Intake
Intake.jpg

Blacked Vents
Ventsdrying.jpg

installed
BlackVents.jpg

Black Speaker Grills
BlackSpeakergrills.jpg

LED's
Cupholders.jpg

Puddlelightsnighttime.jpg

Hit 107,000 over the weekend, still running strong
SpeedoCluster.jpg

Sound System
HeadUnit.jpg

Subbox.jpg

Amp.jpg

And the HIDs
DSC00340.jpg

Future Plans

4dr springs + helper springs
TT + either bulging the fenders or buying fiberglass fenders
v8 swap
Manual t-case
285s or 33s
98+ hatch conversion

Let me know what you think

You've all be very informative and helpful

Thanks,

Justin

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thats cool. I've wanted a set of the black headlights ever since I saw them! Post some pics if you can.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

No... **Shifty Eyes** i didn't get any lifting done, however, i put in a billet grill, i got new brakes and shocks, and I got 410fortune's black Diamond cut so i did a lot of stuff.. i have a friend looking for leaves, and i may have shackles made, but i'm doing everything cheaply, because i'm getting a 2004 Audi A4 1.8T, so i'm still driving Sue, but she'll be turned into a Trail truck when i get the audi I'm thinking 3" bl 33" muds WarriorTwist.are in the future. :D

i have the same x but its blk / grey cloth seats and no sunroof......but the 4.10's are fun from a stop light i can roll with the best fo them till about 50-60mph..lol. But i have a bum 4405 and i am getting ready for the 1354 swap...any recommendations??? no write ups for the 4405 to 1354 man swap......???

i have the same x but its blk / grey cloth seats and no sunroof......but the 4.10's are fun from a stop light i can roll with the best fo them till about 50-60mph..lol. But i have a bum 4405 and i am getting ready for the 1354 swap...any recommendations??? no write ups for the 4405 to 1354 man swap......???

5.0 swap with 4406....COUGH...COUGH....

5.0 swap with 4406....COUGH...COUGH....

cant afford it right now. I just took the sti to the dyno and 578awhp cost a pretty penny. Then my t-case goes out on my daily X.....fawkkkkkk.....man 1354 here i come

you know anyone close to Va that can do the work?

the hid's are a little blue for my taste (whats the K rating?) but i love the look!

yea, they were way over 6k. i have 5600k in my audi and they dont look like that at all. between 5-6k is best for vision, when you get higher, they go purple then green

looks nice justin

Yeah they're a little blue, but they're 100 times brighter then the hallogens so it's okay with me. on a side note, do you think it'd be possible to make a "devil eye" bar like on the new a8's ?

yea, they sell kits. however i think it would be tacky looking. but i dont like angel eyes on anything but bmws either

I love the black headlights! I would also like to get a set of hid's because the stock lights blow!

I definitely think the headlights complimented the grill, and the HID's. I love them, They're brighter then the halogens by an amazing amount, i just ordered a set of 8k for the fog lights as well, so I'm excited to put those in and be finished with lighting up front for a while, I'm also planning on getting a vacuum gauge so i can tell how I'm driving.

As a side note, i'm also thinking about getting some of these. hopefully they're not all that expensive, because they'll help out a lot when i tint the tails.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r3/spider-led-light/

I remember that sound! Mine sounded the same with the SOHC and the flow. I like the use of the curb as a lift! Get that thing up in the air so you dont have to jack it up any more.LOL:p:

Lets see her newly lifted rear!

Back