K&N problems

purehypeballer

Reaction score
City, State
edmonton, alberta
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 2dr 4x4
every heard of any?????????

i have issues and i wonder if they are connected to my oily filter!!!

leme know

joel

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

what kind of issues are you having....need a little bit more info and we'll be glad to assist you!

how do u control the amount of oil on the filter....seems like my intake and throttle body is all gunked up! i over oil....i think that is the problem

plus it did not help much in the first places.

seems as tho it hurts more then helps...

i was wondering if any else had issues??
joel

I've run cotton gauze filters for years with no problems. They just need a light coating of oil on them. They should be a dark pink color, if they are deep red then you overoiled.

You might want to take apart the MAF (Mass AirFlow Sensor) and clean the filaments on it. Probably not a bad idea to clean the throttle body as well.

They need bugger all oil on them, All you need to do, to oil them after cleaning is using the oil spray, Just spray the entire surface of the filter in 3 quick movement’s then turn it over and do the other side, leave it sit for 10 min and all the gauze should be a dark Pink (As stated above) it should not be dripping with oil.

If you are getting any traceable oil from the filter in the intake around the MAF you have over oiled it.

K&N filters work great and they will not cause problems if you use them correctly. If you have heavy amounts of oil in your TB and intake then you probably have more issues than a K&N filter being over-oiled... have you changed the PCV valve recently? Does the engine have high miles?

Take your filter out and clean it up real nice in warm soapy water or the *special* K&N stuff they sell and let it dry real well. Then re-oil very lightly just until the filter is pink as said above.

Make sure you clean your MAF sensor elements really good as well or you will have other problems even with the new clean filter.

Back