• Register Today It's free!

Key fob problems

cbx1047

Reaction score
City, State
waikesha, wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 limited
I leave my key fob in cup holder inside explorer, it is parked in my garage. A few times this year I have gotten into my explorer and pushed the start button and it starts right up.. but there is a message on dash that says KEY NOT NOTICED same as when I try and start the car and the fob is not in vehicle. Whats with this? has anyone else had this happen to them?

I've had a similar message in a previous vehicle after I got back in while it was running. I just press OK and it clears. BTW, leaving the fob in the vehicle results in the systems not shutting down completely because it continually recognizes that the key is in the vicinity and it's 'ready to go'. Likely results in a bit more drain on the battery since the vehicle isn't 'asleep'.

Peter

I've had a similar message in a previous vehicle after I got back in while it was running. I just press OK and it clears. BTW, leaving the fob in the vehicle results in the systems not shutting down completely because it continually recognizes that the key is in the vicinity and it's 'ready to go'. Likely results in a bit more drain on the battery since the vehicle isn't 'asleep'.

Peter

Plus it's just generally a dumb idea. It shouldn't be left in the car.

Back