Keyless Entry...Again

02 XLT

Reaction score
City, State
Montreal
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 XLT
EDIT:Ok I found it

Since I just figured it out ill try to do a write up but only have my ****y camera phone.

Start by laying down the back passenger seat, then remove the top body panel with seat belt cover. Once you get the sides off you'll need to drop the panel down because of a long Metal Clip (BLUE) once you have that out it just pops off.
start.jpg

Heres a picture of the back of the panel so you can see that long metal piece, might help if you are having trouble putting it back on later
backpanel.jpg

Once you have the top part off, I tried peaking down but couldnt make out the numbers on the module, I was worried I was going to have to take off the entire panel to get a look at it but i just uncliped the top (GREEN) section and the back 2 and was able to pull it far enough away that I was able to read the code
Off.jpg

After reading other posts on here I was expecting a sticker or something, silly me. It is just a 5 digit number located under a bar code.
Last.jpg

Hope this helps someone out there. I've had my explorer for 3 years, locked the keys in it once and just got around today to doing this haha. wish i would of done it sooner only took 20 mins and that was just fiddling with the last panel to go back on.

Back