keyless entry code module location 2002 Sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

keyless entry code module location 2002 Sport

jimmyenglish

Reaction score
City, State
Las Vegas, NV
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Sport
Hello everyone. Great forum. I recently purchased a 2002 Explorer SPORT 2dr. I'm trying to retrieve the original keypad code.I've read the sticky and have searched this forum ad nauseum and cannot find it's location. It is not behind the rear passenger seatbelt or in the jack stowage. Where in the world is it? Is there no other place it's located? Is there any way to ground a couple pins and get it to spit it out? Pulling my hair out. Thanks so much

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

wrong forum, you have the 3rd gen

on my 500 it was under the dashboard, so it could be anywhere

Not sure if its the same as my 00, but mine was located in the back cargo area on the drivers side. You have to twist two pop lock things and it was on that module to the right. I had to kinda pull the panel out a bit to see all the back there cause its kinda close to the side. There is actually a thread for this, just search it and you'll find it if you need to.

Its a 5 digit code. They were the biggest numbers on mine.

Thanks for the replies. Opera, your link doesn't work. So it's under the pass. airbag? How lengthy of a disassembly is that? Can I undo this with the battery unplugged and not have it blow up in my face?

Check the link again, I corrected the copy error. About a dozen posts down the pictures start. Remember seeing at least three variations of the label here with the code in different places.

Back