• Register Today It's free!

Keyless entry code.

Missbehavin1967

Reaction score
City, State
Las vegas
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 Ford explorer Limited
I have 2001 Expolrer Limited and I need instructions on how to use the keyless entry. I don't have a code. can I create one? How?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The code can be found in the back left compartment where your jack is located. Remove the panel by turning the round dial, remove the jack. It should be posted inside that little alcove on a sticker

it is in that compartment but is on the keyless module that is next to the quarter trim. You can see it if you look down the side between module and trim with flashlight you may have to push module to open gap to get the code.Its a five digit number And yes you can put in your own number also has to be five digits not 11111 or the like.To do this you need original numbers enter the original code the hit the 1/2 button then your new code.now both codes will work.The original code will always work your new code will not work if your battery goes dead or is disconnected. so always have old code somewhere .The other thing the keyless does is opens one door on entering the code then hit 3/4 it will open the rest of the doors.thats all the functions that this does on the 2001 explorer.Hope this is what you needed.

I have a '97 and the personal code does not go away when the battery is removed. I put it in once years ago and have never had to do anything with it when batteries have been replaced, etc.

Back