• Register Today It's free!

Keypad Problems

Sippi

Reaction score
City, State
Jackson, MS
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Explorer XLT
Hey guys, this is my first post here as i just got my explorer a few days ago. Anyway, i bought an 02 Explorer XLT. I found the code on the module behind the passenger side rear door by taking off the panel. My keypad seems to be working, when i push the bottom two buttons, the doors lock. I've tested the number buttons by hitting 1-2, lights came on, waited for them to go off, pushed 2-3, lights came on, waited for them to go off, ect... but when i push in the code that's on the module it doesn't unlock the door. also, when i push in the code, or try to twice i think, all of the numbers start blinking. Any suggestions? i'm just trying to not go to the dealership and pay someone to do this if i can do it. I owned a z71 tahoe for years and basically took it apart and back together, so i like doing things myself. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance!

it could be a bad keypad, where its sending wrong numbers to the module or it could be broken wires to the keypad. with out a scanner that can read what number the keypad is sending to the module its a hit/miss diag.

so basically if i want the keypad to work im going to have to go to a dealership?

so basically if i want the keypad to work im going to have to go to a dealership?

unless you want trial and error, and pick up a keypad and diy.

theres really no way to see whats wrong with out seeing what the module receive as inputs. so if you have anybody with a scanner that can do body codes on a ford. it would help you pinpoint the culprit.

Back