Late Summer Naches get together/run?? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Late Summer Naches get together/run??

I'm liking what I see! Also, figure I'm definitely towing up.....removes a major headache, in the off chance something would break.....I'm sure my little f-150 can yank the explorer up there, judging by Stic-o, and other guys on here!

I don't know that I will have a winch, but I will definitely have front and rear tow points, and the 8.8 on my explorer still has the factory limited-slip. Should be on 32-33'' tires by then...have all the factory skid plating underneath(t-case and fuel tank). Guess since I am building a 'wheeler this will be a good starter to see what needs improved!!

Thanks:) Any early risers? i work swing shift and was gonna drive up after work(im off at 9:30pm....)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm liking what I see! Also, figure I'm definitely towing up.....removes a major headache, in the off chance something would break.....I'm sure my little f-150 can yank the explorer up there, judging by Stic-o, and other guys on here!

I don't know that I will have a winch, but I will definitely have front and rear tow points, and the 8.8 on my explorer still has the factory limited-slip. Should be on 32-33'' tires by then...have all the factory skid plating underneath(t-case and fuel tank). Guess since I am building a 'wheeler this will be a good starter to see what needs improved!!

Thanks:) Any early risers? i work swing shift and was gonna drive up after work(im off at 9:30pm....)

early risers??? yes and no depending on who all shows up and how much consumption went on the night before.

what is your planned route of travel? up I5 to US12 to hwy123 to hwy410 is the route I would recommend. make sure you keep a eye at for elk once you pass Morton

I have a rear winch but the biggest problem will probably be the dust

Oh I could and probably will show up with beer! I was doing some looking and the route my phone gps was sending me was out i-84 to biggs junction, and up from there. if going up up i5 is easier/quicker, i'm all for it! lol. so far i'm looking at about 3-3.5 hours out there.

Got a fair amount done today, so having the explorer ready is looking better!

Oh I could and probably will show up with beer! I was doing some looking and the route my phone gps was sending me was out i-84 to biggs junction, and up from there. if going up up i5 is easier/quicker, i'm all for it! lol. so far i'm looking at about 3-3.5 hours out there.

Got a fair amount done today, so having the explorer ready is looking better!

That's probable a pretty good route, only 1 relatively low pass to go over (2900ft instead of 5400ft for Chinook).

If your bringing the beer, maybe you should take Friday off ;) (jk)

For less that $100, you can rebuild the LS carrier and make it a lot tighter by exchanging one of the spacer plates with a friction plate. There are 'how to' threads here on the forum.

I wouldn't recommend the Kaner Trail unless you do rebuild it.

Oh I tried for Friday off, believe me! Lol

Thanks for the heads up on the LS carrier, ill read up on it:). Tonight's project after work is to finish cleanin the garage so the engine can come out! Lol

Phil is right the other route is better because of the passes

Coming up 84 and north from Biggs? figured. This trip is gonna be the true test of the tranny rebuild i just went through on the truck. LOL. no progress on the explorer today, due to work:-(

"Campfires are Banned in the Naches Ranger District with an exception to the W.O. Douglas, Norse Peaks, Goat Rocks Wilderness areas.

Approved Fires
Liquid gas stoves or fires. These include: Propane gas camp stoves used for campground or backcountry use.
Propane gas catalytic heaters.
White gas camp stoves with a pump which distribute pressurized gas.
Butane or other pressurized gas canister devices attached to camp stoves.
Propane or white gas lanterns that distribute gas under pressure.

Solid fuel citronella candles in a metal bucket.
Solid fuel candles in a metal or glass container.
Propane barbeque devices that do not utilize solid briquettes for the heat source.
Propane or pressurized white gas warming devices with a shield and base.

Non-approved Fires
Campfires that utilize wood, pressed logs, wood pellets, paper, cardboard, or other solid fuels.
Campfires utilizing solid fuel that do not distribute the flame with a wick.
Briquette fires.
Unapproved fires on a summer home or residence porch or in an uncontained structure.
Unapproved fires in a tent, open garage or carport, fenced area, shelter, porch or other nonstructural surrounding.
“Tikki torches” which utilize liquid fuel.
Campfires, lanterns, or stoves that use non-pressurized liquid gas or fuel.
Liquid fuel citronella lanterns or candles.
Solid fuel candles which are not contained within a metal container or glass container.
Liquid fuel stove or lantern fires which utilize a wick to distribute the flame.
Solid fuel fireworks of any kind.
Wood, solid fuel or non-pressurized gas campfires contained by a rock barrier.
Wood, solid fuel or non-pressurized gas campfires contained in an open camp stove, container, or barrel.
Wood, solid fuel or non-pressurized gas campfires contained in a closed camp stove, not in a fully contained residence or summer home.
Stove or fireplace fires completely contained within a summer home or residence.
__________________ "

There will be at least 1 propane fire attending, 2 if the guy in the lifted white Navajo attends :navajo:

There will be at least 1 propane fire attending, 2 if the guy in the lifted white Navajo attends :navajo:

Maybe the guy with the Navajo will send his fire pit if he doesn't go????

I have 80% of the structual work done on my camper. Next weekend should be reskinning the side and laying the roof and putting the nose back on.
So looks like I should be staying the weekend with you guys at the Naches

I have 80% of the structual work done on my camper. Next weekend should be reskinning the side and laying the roof and putting the nose back on.
So looks like I should be staying the weekend with you guys at the Naches

What exactlt happened to our camper that warrented such a major repair?

Logan and I will be sleeping in this, and yes Becky, it has a potty!

Attachments

• IMG_20130810_141854.jpg
    IMG_20130810_141854.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 167

A crack in the caulking allowed water in after the first trip to moab . I had thought I got it all dried out but that was not the case.

Attachments

• P8010009.JPG
    P8010009.JPG
    355.9 KB · Views: 176
  • P7080002.JPG
    P7080002.JPG
    348.8 KB · Views: 185
  • P8040001.JPG
    P8040001.JPG
    339.4 KB · Views: 177

It's getting to be time for a head count so we set up in a place big enough.

Joe - Thursday Eve - towing
Kevin - Thursday eve - towing
Phil - Thursday eve - Driving, towing trailer
Rick - Driving, tent
97 xlt - Friday morning? - towing?
Chris - towing

Maybe;
Ben- -towing
Forest - towing

Paul?? - driving, total body condom. (oh wait, he has that awesome expedition trailer)

you may wan to post when people is arriving?? I should be there Thursday night

Got a facebook clonfirmation from Chris.

I am looking into coming. Arrive Friday night. How hard is it to get a camper to where you camp?

I am looking into coming. Arrive Friday night. How hard is it to get a camper to where you camp?

Easy squizey, piece of cake :thumbsup:

It says 92 sport under your name????

I haven't had any problems in the past

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back