• Register Today It's free!

leaf spring

93xplorersport

Reaction score
City, State
paris, tn
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 sport 4x4
my dd is a 93 4wd sport it has a 3 pack leaf spring i think that is what you would call it it has two springs and a overload spring i have aquired a 94 2wd xlt it has a 4 pack spring would the leaf spring for the 94 be better or worse than the one on my 93. i am putting a add a leaf in either one but i want to know which would be better by itself

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the three spring pack will not flex as well, but will not sag as much either. It will also give you a slightly higher payload capacity.
Adding the AAL will exacerbate what I listed above.

if you dont have shackles yet you could do that with the 4 leaf pack that might make it more flexy are you trying to lift it or keep it stock hight

i have shackles and im goin to add the aal so keeping my stock pack would be better? i tow some but not alot and im eventually goin to put a 4 inch lift on it. would it be better takin the the leaf spring of the 2wd and addin the aal and shackles than the leaf on my 4wd or keepin the leaf on my 4wd and adding the aal and shackles

anyone have a idea? the 2wd is goin to the scrap yard soon and the leaf springs on it dont sag like the ones on my 4wd. if having shackles and aal on the 4wd springs is better than swapping the 2wd springs over and having shackles and aal than i wont mess with it

Back