• Register Today It's free!

leaning to the left

motorhead7635

Reaction score
City, State
york Maine
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 sport
my 2002 exsplorer sport driver side leaf spring is sagging more than the other side and i have a 1" shackl lift and spring helpers. is this commen? and im running 33 x 12.5 x 15 and im having rubbing problems with flex in the rear. its rubbing on the inner wheel well. can i cut this out with any probles with interference anything importnet? any help would be great.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just wanted to say that I have the same problem too. My driver side is sagging and I can't find a place that'll sell me a set of leaf springs.

They sag more on the drivers side due to the gas tank being located on that side. The best solution is an add a leaf, but since that wasn't enough you may need a new leaf pack to level it out.

The cheapest way to replace the leaf pack is to get a passenger side leaf pack from a junkyard that has the same spring code(some are stiffer than others) and use it on your drivers side.

if you crank up the torsion bar more on the left side it fixes that problem on a four door.

I missed the part that you had 33's. I'm surprised you don't have more rubbing, do you have a body lift?

if you crank up the torsion bar more on the left side it fixes that problem on a four door.

That would help for the front, but the rear end is what he is having a problem with.

Common problem on all Explorers. Leaf sags due to weight of gas tank and that is the side of the vehicle that always has weight in it. Only cure is to replace the spring.

ok thanks i have been looking for some cheap lift springs but their hard to find. and yes the 33 x 12.5 rub some there just a little to wide im saving up to get 32 x 10.5 m/t's. and i can smoke both 33.

Back