LED Fog Lights | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

LED Fog Lights

That lateral lighting may be the solution I've been looking for when I'm turning onto side roads at night and can't see anything out of my front windows because of my tint. Is it enough to really make a difference?

It's not like the adaptive lightning but for me it's enought.
You shall check the OSRAM specifications for the quantity of lumens that it gaves and you'll understand if it's enough for you or not or serch on youtube videos made in the night.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have the fogs that are from RFS as pictured in the first post. I think they put out a ton of light as compared to stock bulbs and a nice crisp white at that. They outshine my headlights it seems too. I can take a few pics? The install wasn't too bad at all.

.....I think they put out a ton of light as compared to stock bulbs and a nice crisp white at that. They outshine my headlights it seems.
Keep in mind that the OEM lights were not designed to output "a ton of light" since they were intended to be used as fog lights. You don't want extremely bright lights for that use.

Peter

I agree Peter..but fogs that actually have output are nice

So this is my first posting on the forum, we have a 2012 Limited and found one day that the glass lense cracked on the stock fogs. When I replaced them I went with a pair of Cree led cubes for the fogs and will replace the headlights with led as well since the explorer has the projectors installed already.

So this is my first posting on the forum, we have a 2012 Limited and found one day that the glass lense cracked on the stock fogs. When I replaced them I went with a pair of Cree led cubes for the fogs and will replace the headlights with led as well since the explorer has the projectors installed already.
Welcome to the Forum.:wavey:
Keep in mind the internal reflectors are designed for the type of OEM bulb that is used. The Halogen and HID internal reflectors are different because the bulbs produce light in different ways so I don't know how LED's will perform.

Peter

Back