LED MESSAGE LICENSE PLATE FRAME

Ak LTD Xplorer

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Anchorage Alaska
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 LIMITED OFF ROAD 4X4
this has to be the coolest mod ever!!!!..i saw one today..i HAVE to get one..i got $50 so i only need another $50 and i have it!!!!!!

i33290.gif

"PROGRAMMABLE LED MESSAGE LICENSE PLATE FRAME
Get the word out on the street and express yourself—LEDs spell out your personal message bright and clear
Stores up to 4 messages of up to 118 characters each
Key-fob infrared module controls operation
Seven different programmable scroll speeds
Can be wired to act as an additional brake light for extra safety. Chrome-plated frame can be installed with display at the top or bottom—PC software included ensures proper operation. Control module includes 5 buttons (power on plus 4 message buttons) and LED & infrared indicators. Easy to program. Adapter cable connects the control module to the 9-pin serial port of your Windows 98 (or higher) computer. If your computer does have a 9-pin port, a USB-to-serial adapter (not included) can be used. Accepts all state plates. Includes instructions. "

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

HAHAHAHA now that is an interesting plate.

thats cool, you could program all sorts of stuff into that :)

Originally posted by aldive
I wonder if it legal???????????

Are clear corners? Nope, but I still got them. I now what my first message would be. GET OFF MY @$$!!!!

i read about taht thing about 2 years ago..they finally got it out for sale?

To bad license plate frames are now illegal in Texas.

Originally posted by Texplorer

They should be illegal, along with the "clear" plastic cover for license plates. Both of them cover the license plate up and make it hard to read.

But then again I'm weird and think police should just place speed traps with cameras and mail the ticket to one instead of causing a high speed chase and endangering people. Just as it's done in europe.

Originally posted by Claus
They should be illegal, along with the "clear" plastic cover for license plates. Both of them cover the license plate up and make it hard to read.

Hehehe mine's more of a smoke color, I should get around to cleaning it sometime... nahh

THAT'S A LOAD OF CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!...to my nolage this thing is leagl in other states..here it's pretty LAX about most everything..i sw one on a expy yesterday..AWSOME!!!

Actually its not a load of crap, its the truth. Any type out license plate frame is illegal in Texas. The only thing that can be on your plates are the bolts holding it on.

sorry if that came out wrong..i meant the law was a load of crap..lol..that's just really stupid

Those would be illegal in VA (no lights allowed around plate)

but that is probably a good thing. Something like that would only ecourage more ricer vs. non-ricer violence around here.

I got pulled over a few months ago (80 in a 70, warning) and he didn't say anything about my plate frames.

We were told that it was just another excuse to pull a car over and look for drugs or anything of that type. That the police werent really going to enforce it. But if your an a$$ to the cop it is just another violation to get on your ticket.

Back