LED turn signals, quick blinking | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

LED turn signals, quick blinking

Fordy55

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
I am putting in LED turn signals, and I know they are going to hyperblink. My question is, where the heck is the flasher? I am getting an electronic flasher and I removed the driver kickpanel but I can't find the flasher. I heard from someone it is under there. Any ideas how to install electronic flashers?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks, thatll do the trick!

The flasher is on the back of the fuse panel up under the dash on the driver's side. I changed mine out for an electronic unit. LED's work fine.

Fusesrelays.gif

Ok now how the heck did you get to the back of that panel there 1bad04? I tried like heck to get to mine with no luck. Also I have a set of LEDs 3157 to put in the front of my 02 Mounty for park/signal lights and they will work as the signal "blink fast but i understand that" but won't light as the parks. Why? The regular bulbs work great, not sure what the issue is. I put the same bulbs in the rear of her 08 mounty in the clear taillights "factory" they look killer BTW. I put the load resistors I linked on them and work great. Would I need the reisistors on the front to even make the parks light?

STU

old thread, but i bought some led bulbs for my front turn signals a while back, tried hooking them up with resistors and still got hyperblink. there are three wires going to the turn signal socket, which of those two get spliced into the resistor? i tried all possible combinations but the lights still blinked fast. help please?

Resistors can be installed backwards...

I know this is a really old thread but I was having the same problem with my 02 Explorer. I purchased front amber LEDs and red tail light LEDs and I knew I was gonna have a prob wit hyper flashing! But I did not wanna install glow plugs under my hood! I haven't seen anything on here for a real fix. I have seen a lot of flasher relays online but not in a local auto parts store! I figured it couldn't hurt to check. So off to autozone and sure enough I found one EP27 fits a wide range of Ford vehicles! It's a 5 terminal relay. Novita Electrionic Flasher! On the back it also tells you it's compatible with LEDs! Sorry this is my very first posting so I hope it helps! It's def better than installing Resisters that just get burning hot and melt everything in reach! http://www.novitatech.com/tridonflashers.html

Back