• Register Today It's free!

Lift kits

dhkmom48

Reaction score
City, State
Delevan. NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 XLS
I'm looking to do a suspension lift on my '01 4dr Explorer.

I've seen both the 4" Trailmaster and Superlift lifts listed on here, just wondering what everyones experience is with either of these, price, costumer support, tech support, ease of install...etc

I also want to do the 3" body lift while I have it torn down, is there any company that deals with both the suspension lift and the body lift to save on ordering from different vendors?

What part # would I be looking at for each kit? I searched the forums and I know the kit # for the body lift but was unsure if there were any other vendors?

Thanks in advance

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anybody?

I tried both superlift and trailmasters sites. Not much help there.

Called Superlift and they said that I need to go thru a local dealer to purchase and couldnt even give me a price, the only local dealer that shows on thier site the number is no good, trailmasters site didnt even list my '01 for a lift.

Any ideas, or online vendors with the best prices?

I am only after the front kit as I am doing a SOA in the rear. The 4" would be ok but would like closer to 6".

Thanks once again

for body lift, you can get that the Summit Racing branded one. It's pretty much just a Performance Accessories body lift in a non-PA badged box.

Superlift is definitely the recommended lift between those two. The Traildisaster users balljoint spacers and tierod spacers. There was a thread around here, can't remember who started it, where one of the tierod spacers got cross-threaded or something; it was a disaster.

I have a Superlift kit on my Explorer , and it works great'
i also did a sort of tt and shackles, now i run 35 inch tires,,

Back