• Register Today It's free!

Lift Recommendation

Diggity UW99

Reaction score
City, State
Seattle, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Explorer Sport
Ok, first of all, price is an issue for me and can't afford much. I have been doing searches but have not found any difinitive results. I would like to fit 32s if not 33s on my 94 sport. I was thinking about doing a James Duff 2.5 inch lift with a 2 inch body lift but have heard bad things about getting body lift. Or, I could sacrifice quality and get a Rough Country or Tuff Country 4 inch susp. lift since they cost about the same. What would be the better option? I wheel about every other weekend but still do plenty of road driving. Has anybody heard about the quality of these lifts? Thanks for any help.

Dan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Alot of people on here are running the James Duff lift. There is nothing at all wrong with running that a body lift. Not sure who told you that. But that combo will allow you to fit 33's. Unless you have some after market wheels or some spacers to put your tires out a little more you'll rub on the sway bar up front, maybe more places. But no big deal cause it will be worth it to have 33's! I don't know of anyone running the country lifts so i can't help there.

So having body lift doesn't cause any adverse driving effects? I read somewhere on a post that body lifts make the vehicle drive really crappy or something. It didn't really make sense to me but I have never driven a vehicle with body lift so I wouldn't know. Is the body lift worth the trouble (matching bumper height, fan shroud etc.) or would it be easier just to do suspension lift only.

Dan

I've never had a body lift either, but it's not going to hurt you.

Well, i'm not sure how hard it is to do, maybe someone could jump in here and tell the man, but if it were me i'd all suspension lift, but it just depends on how much you want to spend i guess.

If you're on a budget, then BL is often the way to go. Like Josh said, a suspension lift is almost always better for performance. With a BL you just have to make sure everything conforms to the discrepency in frame and body height.

Back