Lifted Sport Tracs Picture Thread! | Page 91 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lifted Sport Tracs Picture Thread!

Me and the family at Farmingdale SD.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Nice pictures man!!! I've gone through the badlands numberous time over the years in tractor-trailer and in my old '79 IH Scout II but never wheeled out there, always wanted to. I'll gte out there someday.

Yeh there are trails out here from the black hills all the way east through through the buffalo gap grassland and int the badlands. You can get soupy sticky mud to the east and insane rock crawling to the west and everything inbetween that's why I love it out here

Hey guys just got some Krylon Fusion to start on my calding. Anything I need to do to prep? Thanks

Do a quick search for "wahoo no more nasty grey cladding", I did a complete write up on it. Prep is the key!!!

Awesome thanks!! I'm gonna pick up those prep supplies after work tonight and get it set so I can get to painting bright and early tomorrow morning. I appreciate the help, each and everyone of you is so damn helpful it's great to know there's a site with so much comeraderie!

yay, no more grey

finally did the bumpers and cladding.

i also plasti dipped the front grill to see what it would like. I kinda like it.

IMAG0665.jpg

IMAG0662.jpg

Looks good. I almost bought those lights for mine but decided to go with clear corners.

Rebel's right. It's all in the prep. I took all my cladding off the truck and pressure washed it. Then scrubbed it down with dawn soap and hot water and rinsed with the pressure washer again. Let it dry off for a few hours in the sun to make sure it was entirely dry. Just remember a lot of thin, very light coats is what you want. It will make the finished product look and hold up that much better.

I like the smoked lens look but I definitely liked the look of the clear corners before one of them were broken
behind the brush guard no less :mad:

Thanks for the compliment hugh

finally did the bumpers and cladding.

i also plasti dipped the front grill to see what it would like. I kinda like it.

hard to tell in the pics but it looks like your running side exhaust out the side infront of the rear tire? if you do. please share some pics. I'm looking to do the same

Dan, that's the leafspring you're seeing in the picture.

Thats what i thought too but it was hard to tell in the pics

hard to tell in the pics but it looks like your running side exhaust out the side infront of the rear tire? if you do. please share some pics. I'm looking to do the same

Hey man I run a side exhaust

Need some picks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back