• Register Today It's free!

Light sensor

seannydeez

Reaction score
City, State
Braintree, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Limited
Didn't find a post about this so I apologize if one already exists. Anyone know how, if it's even possible to adjust the sensitivity of the sensor that turns the lights on automatically? Mine is super sensitive and the lights go on the second I drive under the smallest underpass, a shady section of road, etc.

Thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

sucks everything you want to change it has to go back to the dealer, here is $50 can you change the delay......wish there was a tool you could buy that you could do this stuff yourself

If its that much of a bother why not just switch it to off instead of auto. Doesn't seem worth paying the $50 for unless you need something else done while theyre in there.

If its that much of a bother why not just switch it to off instead of auto. Doesn't seem worth paying the $50 for unless you need something else done while theyre in there.

Well, actually, the auto "on" is not of as much value to me as the fact that it comes with the auto "off" feature :) You have no idea how often I have left the lights on in my other cars... With the Ex, I just leave the switch in the Auto position and I can continue to be lazy.

I look at it more like this, these are safety features and Ford charges you to adjust or turn on safety features. I live in NJ were its the law your lights on with the wipers so the auto feature is great for that. You also have to have you light on at dusk but right now the lights are delayed so long that they dont come on. I also want to run DRL but the dealer wants $50 to turn them on.

Back