• Register Today It's free!

Lighting Issue..Wires

V8powerbaby

Reaction score
City, State
Altus,OK
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 V8 XLT
ok so heres the problem on a trip from texas to arkansas a year or two ago i had a fuse blow under the hood that runs all outside light except my headlights and my insturment cluser or i think they dont work any more either. every time the fuse is put back in the lights would just run so i rewired everything to a toggle switch and the correct fuse amp #15. i have tried alot of times to try and track this problem down but with no luck. was wondering if anyone has had thise kind of problem before or knows what the issue might be. im thinking a wire is exposed and has fused with something. thnaks guys for your help.

On an older X I would suspect the trailer harness. I dont know much about yours. On a 2000 X a member just had to replace his headlight switch due to a no light condition.
If you dont get much info in the section I will move your post to the general forum.
Good luck.

i dont have a wiring harness although at this point it would be easy to hook up lol. The headlight switch works fine turning on the headlights but everything else had to be hooked up to a seperate toggle switch. Any idea where i could find a light schematic of the wiring? when this happened the auto light deal was in operation

Bump

Back