Looking to buy

The Cheat

Reaction score
City, State
Houston, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford F-150 FX4
Hello everyone,

I've been on this forum years ago when I had my 2001 Sport. I'm looking to buy a 2013 Sport now and I'm trying to figure out how much I should pay for one. The dealers are being difficult saying its a specialty vehicle and they will only take MSRP. I want a White/black 402a and tow package. What should I pay for this vehicle before TT+L? Here is a offer I got on a red one with 402a, tow, and sunroof:

Vehicle Price: $48,365.00
Market Savings: - $2,735.17
Customer Rebate: - $2,500.00
Vehicle Selling Price: $43,129.83

Good deal or not?

Thanks everyone!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That looks like a decent deal to me. I ordered my Sport on X Plan, and the X Plan discount was similar to what you have listed as Market Savings. Rebates vary, of course, based on date and location. Make sure that there are no excessive dealer fees.

Hello everyone,

I've been on this forum years ago when I had my 2001 Sport. I'm looking to buy a 2013 Sport now and I'm trying to figure out how much I should pay for one. The dealers are being difficult saying its a specialty vehicle and they will only take MSRP. I want a White/black 402a and tow package. What should I pay for this vehicle before TT+L? Here is a offer I got on a red one with 402a, tow, and sunroof:

Vehicle Price: $48,365.00
Market Savings: - $2,735.17
Customer Rebate: - $2,500.00
Vehicle Selling Price: $43,129.83

Good deal or not?

Thanks everyone!
I personally don't get into a lot of haggling over price. In my opinion a good deal is one that both sides are happy with.
If I'm not happy with their offer, I walk.

Peter

This is very similar to the market here in Phoenix. Looks like a good deal to me. The Sports are pretty rare around here.

Scott

Well based on your username, I think you should look for a better deal!

The name is from Homestarrunner.com from college...

Well, I signed the paperwork and have one coming. I'm excited to be back in a 'sploder.

Well, I signed the paperwork and have one coming. I'm excited to be back in a 'sploder.
The Cheat, welcome back to the Forum.:wavey:
You now join the ranks of the other 'expecting' owners who have recently ordered their Explorers. Let the pacing begin. :D

Peter

Oh and I ended up doing even better. The dealer I went to beat the deal above and got better financing for me. Happy :)

Supposed to be here Friday or Saturday...Can't wait!

Back