Looking to get out of lease.

Justyman87

2011 Ford Explorer Owner!
Reaction score
City, State
New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer Limited
I am looking to get out of my 2011 Ford Explorer lease so I can get into another car of my liking. Nothing wrong with my car I just got bored and sadly chose a long lease then I should of. If anyone is interested I put it on some popular swapping sites. It is only 600 a month and I figure you guys would know that is a pretty good deal for a Limited. I have a little over 7,000 miles on it with an allowance of 12,000 a year. I didn’t really need such a big truck it was suppose to be a family truck but that never happened. The car is in excellent condition and I have never had any of the issues posted on here.
- Justin

http://www.swapalease.com/lease/details/default.aspx?salid=758425

(If this isn’t allowed I apologize and will close it right away!)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am looking to get out of my 2011 Ford Explorer lease so I can get into another car of my liking. Nothing wrong with my car I just got bored and sadly chose a long lease then I should of. If anyone is interested I put it on some popular swapping sites. It is only 600 a month and I figure you guys would know that is a pretty good deal for a Limited. I have a little over 7,000 miles on it with an allowance of 12,000 a year. I didn’t really need such a big truck it was suppose to be a family truck but that never happened. The car is in excellent condition and I have never had any of the issues posted on here.
- Justin

http://www.swapalease.com/lease/details/default.aspx?salid=758425

(If this isn’t allowed I apologize and will close it right away!)
Sorry to hear this Justin. I was lucky with the lease on my '09 Highlander Ltd. The fellow that bought my '06 Highlander at lease end happened to be standing in my office when I read about the 2011 Explorer. When I mentioned to him that I just have to have it, he remarked that he would take the Highlander off my hands. It still had 2 1/2 years left on the 48 month lease.
Good luck.

Peter

Sorry to hear this Justin. I was lucky with the lease on my '09 Highlander Ltd. The fellow that bought my '06 Highlander at lease end happened to be standing in my office when I read about the 2011 Explorer. When I mentioned to him that I just have to have it, he remarked that he would take the Highlander off my hands. It still had 2 1/2 years left on the 48 month lease.
Good luck.

Peter

It’s not the car I love it just getting bored and want change. Ford is real tough on not taking cars back so swap lease is the best chance I have. If you know anyone interested, send them my way!
- Justin

What kind of car are you looking to get into? They are
Pretty good with getting out early and going into another ford or Lincoln.

From age 20 to about 35 I bought new vehicles. Kept them for 2 or 3 years then trade them in on another new one. It's sweet driving a brand new car with that "new car" smell but those damn payments, They never end! So now I buy older vehicles in great shape with low miles and treat it like it's the 2013 Explorer. So...unless your wealthy get a vehicle that's a few years old with low miles on it. Also don't forget about the hidden costs like insurance (I have only liability on mine- $394 per year), and registration fees. Good luck with the lease. I did lease' twice but that was before the internet therefore before swapalease.com. Worst purchasing mistake I ever made! Could not get out of them (and I tried) without taking a huge financial hit so I just bit the bullit and finished out the lease term. Auto leases and whole life insurance policies...DON'T DO THEM! Whole life policies mostly make high commissions for the person who sold it to you. Yes I know, I digressed.

$600 a month on a lease??? Ouch!!

What kind of car are you looking to get into? They are
Pretty good with getting out early and going into another ford or Lincoln.
I'm not looking to get a Ford/ Lincoln. I'm not sure right now and I gotta trade my lease before anything.

From age 20 to about 35 I bought new vehicles. Kept them for 2 or 3 years then trade them in on another new one. It's sweet driving a brand new car with that "new car" smell but those damn payments, They never end! So now I buy older vehicles in great shape with low miles and treat it like it's the 2013 Explorer. So...unless your wealthy get a vehicle that's a few years old with low miles on it. Also don't forget about the hidden costs like insurance (I have only liability on mine- $394 per year), and registration fees. Good luck with the lease. I did lease' twice but that was before the internet therefore before swapalease.com. Worst purchasing mistake I ever made! Could not get out of them (and I tried) without taking a huge financial hit so I just bit the bullit and finished out the lease term. Auto leases and whole life insurance policies...DON'T DO THEM! Whole life policies mostly make high commissions for the person who sold it to you. Yes I know, I digressed.
We only lease so we can give the car back and get something new.

$600 a month on a lease??? Ouch!!
You gotta understand I have a first batch car. I put 5,000 down which is basically free money to whoever takes the lease and with my miles on it (which is nothing) the cars a steal. A limited, basically every option, low mileage, no accidents, no issues.
- Justin

Cash is king. If you can't pay cash, don't buy it.

Why anyone would lease a car (unless you are a COMPANY) is just beyond me.

Sorry.

I put $3,500 down on our 2011 limited (back in april 2011) and am paying $660 a month for 66 months (2.95% interest). Not trying to trash your thread so I'll stop there.. just think you got taken for when you bought it.

I wish you the best of luck in getting your lease swapped.. I've regretted purchases/leases before as well.. I know the feeling.

Again, I hope it works out for you.

Sorry.

I've seen you post this before. Some prefer to lease because they always want the latest and greatest and in most cases, it's better to have a lower payment and always in a new vehicle every 2-3 years then keep a vehicle for 5-7 years with a payment then can be twice the amount via loan.

As far as if you can't pay cash, don't but it.. That's just rediculous. There are responsible people out there that can afford to take out a loan. Example, as I just stated, 2.95%on my current loan, which my current credit union is now 2.24% for 66 months. I rather take a loan for such a low rate then pay cash. Worst case, I'm only paying 1.34% because I'm making 0.9% in my savings account. I'll keep my money in case of major emergencies and use the banks at that rate.

I put $3,500 down on our 2011 limited (back in april 2011) and am paying $660 a month for 66 months (2.95% interest). Not trying to trash your thread so I'll stop there.. just think you got taken for when you bought it.

I wish you the best of luck in getting your lease swapped.. I've regretted purchases/leases before as well.. I know the feeling.

Again, I hope it works out for you.

We know. That's the issue with trying to get rid of it. I still think for the money it's a good deal considering the miles I have on it and only a few months left on the lease. If you want it for a short time it's pretty good if you ask me!
- Justin

Are you going to take those tacky letters off the hood before you unload it?

Sorry.
I have leased my last 5 vehicles and unless I but my Ex at lease end, will likely lease again. I could easily have taken the money out of my savings account and paid cash for my Ex but that meant I also would have had to pay about $6500 in tax in addition to the $50k price tag. As it is, I will only pay $3165 in taxes over the 48 month lease, saving $3375. The Ex itself will cost me $34,346 including downpayment. I have the option to buy at lease end or walk away and buy used or take another lease. Also, being a very low mileage vehicle, I could try and sell it for more than the $19,000 buyout price and make a few dollars. I already had an offer of $20k from a 2006 Explorer owner.
I agree that if you buy at lease end, I will have paid more than buying it in the first place. But this is my only debt. As a single guy, well off and mortgage free, this is of no worry to me at all. In one way I consider it a 48 month 'test drive'.
And in case you're thinking of bringing up the tire thing, I would have changed them in either case. :D:D
Cheers. Have a great day Bill.:thumbsup:

Peter

I have leased my last 5 vehicles and unless I but my Ex at lease end, will likely lease again. I could easily have taken the money out of my savings account and paid cash for my Ex but that meant I also would have had to pay about $6500 in tax in addition to the $50k price tag. As it is, I will only pay $3165 in taxes over the 48 month lease, saving $3375. The Ex itself will cost me $34,346 including downpayment. I have the option to buy at lease end or walk away and buy used or take another lease. Also, being a very low mileage vehicle, I could try and sell it for more than the $19,000 buyout price and make a few dollars. I already had an offer of $20k from a 2006 Explorer owner.
I agree that if you buy at lease end, I will have paid more than buying it in the first place. But this is my only debt. As a single guy, well off and mortgage free, this is of no worry to me at all. In one way I consider it a 48 month 'test drive'.
And in case you're thinking of bringing up the tire thing, I would have changed them in either case. :D:D
Cheers. Have a great day Bill.:thumbsup:

Peter

EXCELLENT job, Peter.

Are you going to take those tacky letters off the hood before you unload it?

Depends if person wants them off. I would remove it if they wanted to.
- Justin

Back