loss of power under WOT | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

loss of power under WOT

93exploder4x4

Reaction score
City, State
ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ok so my 93 ex loses power under wide open throttlewhen warmed up. At first it was throwing all kinds of codes.... 174 185 if I remember right. Searched the site and all kinds of threads liek this show up, but all the tips didnt fix my prob. Ive replaced plugs, wires, coil, MAF sensor, fuel pressure reg. And now the cel wont come on and it wont throw any codes, but the prob is still there. Please help this thing is driving me crazy n the guy at the shop has no idea either.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to this forum! No check engine light or codes means that there is a problem with one of several things such as the computer, ground, fuse or the relay. Did you check the exhaust to see if it's partially clogged?

Didnt check the exhaust. How do I do that? It does keep blowing the HEGO fuse for some reason.

Check the O2 wiring to see if it got melted against the exhaust.
I don't think the EEC uses the O2 sensors input at WOT. But I agree to check if your cats are clogged... use one of those laser temperature readers to see how hot its getting and if its too hot (I don't know whats normal but others will) then its clogged.

Back