Low Cost External Filter, Why Not? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Low Cost External Filter, Why Not?

Maybe there is a way you could remove that thermal bypass in the remote filter? I would recommend connecting the pressure sensor directly onto the plug on the transmission, not onto the remote filter. You will get a more accurate reading this way. The plug is located on the driver's side of the transmission behind the shift linkage area.

The gauge I am currently using is for the filter only, since it is an engine oil psi gauge that came in a kit from another project. The psi on this gauge only goes to 120 or so, I need to wait for the 0 to 300 gauge to ship before I hook it up to the line or EPC ports on the tranny. that is a project for another day.

the two small port on the filter head is not really to measure line pressure, but to read oil filter restriction so you know when to change the filter, when the pressure is in the 25 to 30 psi. its time for a new filter.
we have these head's on our roll off trucks at work. just a little bigger since we are using 40 gpm pumps

Back