Lower exterior trim | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lower exterior trim

fingers21

Reaction score
City, State
Elm, Cambs
Year, Model & Trim Level
Finally got around to starting the colour coding, I hate 2 tone!

FA46E9B0.jpg

Just the lower doors and the chrome bumpers to do now. The arch flares etc were easier to remove than I thought! Better than the grey they were.

Then when summer finally arrives, they're being removed all together and all the little holes filled etc. some nice mud tyres. They look so much better without the stick out arch flares!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That looks great. I quite like the grey stripe down the side too

I'm considering doing the lower doors, but keeping the bump strips grey.

just how i did mine, never liked the 2 tone color

Attachments

• 28052011049 (Custom).jpg
    28052011049 (Custom).jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 340

Grill done, black centre with colour coded outer.

3C48C3A5.jpg

fingers r u 50 or po....lice whats them lights in the grill!!!

That looks really good! I have the same red on mine and quite like the red/grey combo but the colour coding does look quite good :)

Darren

I guess it must be an American thing because I really like the two tone scheme as it really suits the truck. The colour coding is too much given the size of the Ex.

I like what you've done there.
I have considered doing it but didn't want to do it and then decide i prefered it 2 tone.
I think you may find that the rub strips will need doing once everything else is done as otherwise they will stand out far to much. Maybe try photoshop first.

I have another idea in mind for mine at the mo along similar lines but i have far to much fettling to be done on my mr2 first as the weather is improving.
:salute:

Well, started the other side today, half way through, my compressor went bang, so decided to remove all the lower trim until I can pick my new compressor on Monday. 10 minutes later, i'm welding all the holes up because I like the look without the arch flares. It looks much 'meatier' without them, a little concerned about MOT time, as the tyres stick out past the arches now and thats before the mud tyres go on!

What started as a £200 job has as usual, turned into an £2500 job, thanks to needing a new compressor! And now, a body and suspension lift is a must!

What started as a £200 job has as usual, turned into an £2500 job, thanks to needing a new compressor! And now, a body and suspension lift is a must!

:bsnicker:

And did you think it would go any other way??

:popcorn:

Well, picked up my new compressor this morning, £1500 lighter wallet. Got the other side trim done and the front bumper.

AB8E0527.jpg

Just the lower doors and rear bumper to finish off tomorrow.

If you keep the lower doors grey it'll match the grey stripe on the bumpers

I'm spraying the top of the bumpers black to match the grill I think.

ok, a little photoshop, would love some opinions please, darker wheels. mud tyres going on tomorrow, but not that clever with photoshop!

FA46E9B0copy.jpg

The gunmetal colour on the wheels is the way to go but get your hands on a set of teardrops or northface wheels, they look soooo much better than the 3 spoke IMO. Plus if you keep the 3 spoke with AT tyres they will be more motorway friendly if you decide to do a long journey

I am looking for a set of teardrop alloys, I had them on my last explorer and I definately prefer them to the 3 spoke. Getting my hands on a set is another story though!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are you selling them? I'm in desperate need of some lift shackles too!

Back