lowering kit | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

lowering kit

gdf24

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 xlt
i was wondering if anyone could give me any companies or websites that have lowering kits for my 98 xlt...its a 4x4 with 22's on it. any help would be great thanks!

2" leaf spring drop blocks for the rear, back out your torsion bolts out front, get some camber adjuster and a alignment and you just saved your self $90 compared to ordering a kit which is the same stuff.
But you might wanna order some new lowered shocks which dont come in the kit any ways.

I know this is just a little off topic from the original post, but since the date was way old, I think im'a ninja it.

Does anyone know what the maximum lowering capabilities are for the '94 X Sport with factory wheels and tires. I don't want to "slam" it, but I wanted to give it a little better handling and a better Center of Balance.

I know this is just a little off topic from the original post, but since the date was way old, I think im'a ninja it.

Does anyone know what the maximum lowering capabilities are for the '94 X Sport with factory wheels and tires. I don't want to "slam" it, but I wanted to give it a little better handling and a better Center of Balance.

well i had a 92 4 wheel drive. and before i converted it to 2 wheel drive and put air bags on it, i put 4" lowering blocks in the rear and had the front coils cut. it was as low as i could go due to the front diff housing hitting. im sure you could go at least 3".

Back