MAF and Throttle body swap on 4.0 OHV | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MAF and Throttle body swap on 4.0 OHV

$300 for the UP plus new belt & decreases your AC efficiency & already anemic electric system. Unless you spend more $ to get the right pullies for those.
$150 for the fan & switch
Install time or $ if you have to pay someone.
$450+ to increase your gas mileage by 2-3mpg on a 20+ year old vehicle worth $900.

Just doesn't compute in my head. But that's why it' s not mine...:)

I'm all for the UD crank pulley. Have one on my Acura, but my Acura is a totally different animal.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Driving a 100 miles per day,witch he does.at a minimum gain of 3mpg.say he gets 15mpg now,thats 6.6 gallons used.if he increases to 18mpg thats 5.5 gallons used.thats one gallon saved just for work and back each day.gas is over $4 here so lets just use $4,thats $20 saved just for work and back a week,not counting any other driving or weekend driving. Thats $80 a month,$960 a year.it would pay for its self in no timeyes its alot of money up front but if you are going to keep the truck anyways then yes its worth it and 3mpg increase is being conservative.i was getting all most 20mpg in my truck and it was fully built and running 36's,but we all know best mod for mpg is ....buy a motorcycle! !;)

but we all know best mod for mpg is ....buy a motorcycle! !;)

Yes Sir!

Although, The mileage on my bike is about half what it should be. That's due to the way I hit red line all the time. But even riding like a maniac, I get at least twice the mileage as in my truck.

Yes Sir!

Although, The mileage on my bike is about half what it should be. That's due to the way I hit red line all the time. But even riding like a maniac, I get at least twice the mileage as in my truck.

Lol yea depends witch bike im riding,my supermoto get like 60mpg and thats sometimes on the side walk!!haha

Where could i get corresponding pullies? i use my AC alot...

The alt you can get on ebay.dont worry about ac,only time you may notice it "not as cold" would be at idle

ok. any idea how much bigger the alt. pulley should be? i might check around some ford mustang forums and see if i can get a used one underdrive pulley....

They only make one size

...........**~*~hi jacking**~*~..........

...........**~*~HI JACKING**~*~..........

Ok isnt there a thread on here about the under-drive pulley system? Im looking at doing it this summer just for the small mpg/hp increase...

How ever Im already A/C dropped.. all the a/c crap is gone.

The HHR fan hook up.. Couldnt you just run it to a relay that turns on when the truck does so it on when truck is on; off when trucks off. Wouldnt thay be just as safe as wiring it up... Or still need to run it to a controller as pointed out.

Also I thought there was a small thread (i searched like crazy) where it listed some easy mods you could do that increase either mpg or hp or both

I'm subscribing too!

Back