Mag wheels on a 2012 base 4wd X

GVerreault

Reaction score
City, State
Quebec City
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer 2012 4x4 Base
Hi

I'm looking to equip my X with mag wheels this summer. When i bought it last year, you could'nt pick mag wheels as an option on the base model.

Do you guys see any issues with purchasing mag wheels in the aftermarket, will everything fit properly?

I have a base 4wd with towing pack.

Thanks!

Hi

I'm looking to equip my X with mag wheels this summer. When i bought it last year, you could'nt pick mag wheels as an option on the base model.

Do you guys see any issues with purchasing mag wheels in the aftermarket, will everything fit properly?

I have a base 4wd with towing pack.

Thanks!
You still can't pick mag wheels as an option. They only come with 17" steel wheels. I currently use those on my Limited for Winter.
Since you have to use Winter tires in Quebec, I assume the mags are just for Summer use.
As long as you stay within certain specifications (bolt pattern, offset. center bore) of the OEM wheel, I don't see why you couldn't use mags. But I'm no expert on the subject.

You may want to consider posting here; http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11 (Ford Explorer - Ranger Tires and Wheels)

Peter

Back