magnaflow on a 4.0

ghoster

Reaction score
City, State
Long Island , NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Explorer Eddie Bauer
well i was suppose to do my exhaust last wk but got suck w/ work
but b4 i do install it does anyone else have any vids of how it sounds?
i saw one of a blk explorer on 22s on putfile i think..sounds sick IMO

think flowmaster sounds nice but not the sound for a v6

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

... that was the closest i could find
... thats an OHV but its still a v6.

youtube has a video of everything you could ever want

i have a magnaflow on my 2002 4.0 it is a 3 inch in and out though.

sounds awesome. ive had many people tell me after they heard they were expecting to see a mustang or camaro or somehting, def not an explorer.

i will say, with no music, in some low ranges it can be kind of obnoxious

however, in certain normal driving ranges/crusing ranges. its not bad at all, and sounds awesome when u punch it.

but with music, u should be happy.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BQM8QrE9yaw... that was the closest i could find
http://youtube.com/watch?v=e8be5-gKcR8... thats an OHV but its still a v6.

youtube has a video of everything you could ever want

actually, if u search "explorer V6 exhaust" ull find my clip with my flowmaster 40 which is fairly similar, with 2 clips rite below it with the 03 model having a magnaflow... either way u go, the exhaust will sound basically the same... the only difference really is the sound level... the 40 is pretty wide open and mite be a little louder but itll have the same sound at a higher decibel level

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YCyyIgZ4Xds

i

however, in certain normal driving ranges/crusing ranges. its not bad at all, and sounds awesome when u punch it.

Ditto! I love mine, but there is a (low) rpm range where it really can get to you...

sounds awesome. ive had many people tell me after they heard they were expecting to see a mustang or camaro or somehting, def not an explorer.

did you do a single exuast or dual?

single exit. the only way id do a dual on the explorer is a dual exit muffler. but with the way the underbody is layed out, theres no real gains worth the dollar when it comes to a true dual. theres just to much in the way.

well is it a true header back dual? and how much did you pay? does it have a crossover? two mufflers? how much did it run you?

sweet! the magnaflow muffler i have is also 3" in and out and was kinda nervous about using it.

I'm not really worried about the sound..i just want it to sound nice..my previous truck had a straight pipe and was a 6 cylinder also so i'm use to the noise lol

ghoster u got sound clip of the magnaflow installed on ur 04 Eddie

well is it a true header back dual? and how much did you pay? does it have a crossover? two mufflers? how much did it run you?

no no... dual out of the muffler.

I did it mainly for looks. Dual out the back looks a lot better to me and thats about 95% of why I did it.

I took a video earlier today with a ****ty camcorder that I keep in my truck to get some audio. I'll post it up here in a bit.

no no... dual out of the muffler.

I did it mainly for looks. Dual out the back looks a lot better to me and thats about 95% of why I did it.

I took a video earlier today with a ****ty camcorder that I keep in my truck to get some audio. I'll post it up here in a bit.

nice vid by the way.

yeah the dual out muffler seems like the only logical dual route for the third gens. i wanted a true dual and talked to a ton of mechanics, shops, pipe benders, and no one could get a decent price on it. plus a lot of people were scared about the three cats. but yeah. i liek how urs looks. i woulda, but talking to some people, i went 3 inch in and out. soon to work with the cats and headers i think... if money allows obviously.

blitzk- thanks for the vid bro!
if its not too much of a hassle..is it possible for you to get a clip of how the exhaust sounds just revin it, from the outside.
Thats a real good vid that isn't distorted like that other one i saw.
Thanks in advance

No prob... I'll do that tomorrow sometime.

As you know, the X's don't rev up much in park, but I'll do what I can.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i need to do a video inside mine so u can hear the sound level.. the 40 is def pretty wide open and it can get somewhat irritating at low rpm... the highway loll is pretty prevalent with the 40... itll put u to sleep on the highway cuz its so peaceful and consistent... the overall tho, i love it and i cant imagine my explorer without it... i much rather loud and annoying than silent and unnoticable

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YCyyIgZ4Xds

Back