Make this thing stop beeping at me !!!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Make this thing stop beeping at me !!!!

pwrshft99

Reaction score
City, State
illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer 5.0
Ok 2000 limited here with a problem that's gonna drive me insane.

First when i start the thing up the message center starts with its beeping nonsense that's seems to last forever.. that i can handle.

But, about every ten minutes, its starts beeping again, for about a full minute. Seatbelts are on, doors shut, fuel and all over gauges are normal message center is fine... just beep beep beep... i hate it !!!

In my younger days I had a 91 Lincoln that would beep constantly cuz iy showed no oil pressure, tried sending units and a different computer, tried finding out where it was commin from.....almost everything.. beep beep beep..

On my way to work at 4am one morning i had enough and beat that dash to pieces with a 3/4" ratchet. I don't want the exloder to suffer the same fate lol.....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

a friend of mines does the same thing ... we change the air bag bulb behinde the insturment cluster and the beeping stopped so i would maybe check the bulbs.. other then that i dont know mine or his has the messege center likes urs

I forgot to throw in that the previous owner had a remote start system installed. I don't think it would have anything to it but at this point I'm considering everything..

Where does the beeping come from ?? It cant be the speakers, line are wire directly to the deck....

when i located the beeping noise it was coming from behind , towards the firewall, the center consual. i dont think the remote starter would have anything to do with it or the speakers. his use to beep the whole time the truck was one. al lwe did was wait until it was dark enough to see if there was any lights out and the air bag one wasnt working. i did this with answers from this site theres alot of great info here plus a lot of helpful people

It's probably a burned out airbag warning light - if it doesn't light up when you turn the truck on, then you need to remove the instrument cluster and replace the bulb. When the bulb is burned out, the system will beep at you if it detects a problem with the airbags (since it can't warn you with a burned out bulb).

Back