Manual blend door actuator for automatic Mounty? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Manual blend door actuator for automatic Mounty?

Texaswildman

Reaction score
City, State
KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Merc Mounty 5.0
I have a 2000 Mounty 5.0 with automatic a/c/heat controls. However, it appears that the setup for the blend door actuator is for a manual. I ordered Dorman 604-201 http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=971097
but when I got it I realized that there is a post in the rear towards the drivers side. The 604-201 doesn't have a whole for that post where as the 604-202 http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=971133 (which states it's for a manual ac/heat) does have that whole. WTF? Will a 202 even work on this truck? I plugged in the 201 and it does rotate when I change temp. Again...WTF?

I have tried all the Dorman actuators and none worked in my Exp with EATC. Eventually I found a cross-reference table that showed the same thing - incompatibility.

If the 201 works, probably you don't have the EATC system anymore, somebody must have changed it?
Test.

I just order one from the Ford dealear, is not that expensive (some 40$) and it works!

When I got the truck the actuator was missing. I am starting to wonder if they took a manual set up out of a junkyard truck and replaced it all rather than just replacing a broken blend door. Don't know.
So here is what I am thinking now. The actuator works, it just won't fit. So I go in there and cut the post off. None of the holes will line up so they may have to go as well. I'm hoping that the male part of the actuator will fit.

Does that sound like something that would work?

Some actuators have different mechanical connectors to the door itself.

What do you mean "works". When I did try the Dorman ones, they will move, but just for a self-test, they did not move corectly when they where installed.
Try the test above - I did have 024 and 025 error codes.

Back