Mattress in a ST | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Mattress in a ST

horsegoalie

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Explorer Sport Trac
This is my first post here. Just got a ST a couple weeks ago, and have really enjoyed it. I am wondering if anyone has moved mattresses with their ST? I have to move one about 60 miles, mostly highway, and could borrow a Silverado 2500, but would prefer to use the ST. Any thoughts?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Will probably fit, just have to let some of it hang out over the side and tailgate and tie it down. A full size shouldn't be too much overhang, but queen or king will have more. just use lots of rope, etc., and don't speed too much.

It is a queen size mattress. Maybe we are biting off more than the ST can chew?

No I think you should be fine. I've done it. Just tie it down well and it shouldnt be a problem. Good luck!

The ST can def handle it, cause you're gonna have overhang with any truck you take probably

Hell no. I moved a King in my ST. Frame, headboard, box, mattress and all. If you have ratchet straps or rope you can secure it. I'm surrounded by folks with 0 trucks. I'm designated mover. Beds are no sweat. Theres no weight to them. Just tie it down tight and drop the hammer. Just moved a full sized ping-pong table. It was like a sail in the back of the ST but like I said. Secure your load down tight and drop the hammer. Don't underestimate the ST. Push it. The 01-05 variety can handle 1 1/2 rick of wet oak firewood. The bed is small but that just means you can't possibly overload it.

So after all that worry, it was really that easy. Put the tailgate down, a little rope, and I was good to go. I get more and more impressed as time goes by with my new truck...

Do you have a tonneau cover? I do and I moved a queen size mattress by strapping it on top of the tonneau cover w/wratchet straps connected to the outside tie hooks. Worked great. Delivered mattress to a friend & drove there on an Interstate highway @ 70+ or so - no problem.

Back