Reaction score
City, State
Mount Vernon, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1st Gen XLT 4dr
Callsign
KG7VTT
How about Liberty or Tahuya?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'd be game for something Memorial weekend. Usually have to work that Monday but Fri-Sun good for me. The BIG question would be "where". Cle Elum Ranger district is following Naches Ranger district with closures till June 16.

So like you said Tahuya, and Elbe, Walker valley, and Evans Creek (Was there yesterday and 3ft of snow at campground still) are the options.

Any other ideas anyone?

Well there's also some trails/ fs roads around the green water area. Just throwing out a suggestion.

The guys that I always wheel with are headed to Liberty if its open and down to Tilamook if its closed. I wont go down there though and I think the way that weather has been going naches and liberty wont open till June 15th-16th. I would wheel with you guys if you went local; evans, elbe, and maybe Tahuya (heard not much there in the way of a challange ... idk)

I really want to have a group busy wild run. Just my .02 cents

Im going to wait it out till naches opens then give her hell :D

Here is last weekends report from Cle Elum Trails Team

Okay - here is the weekend report....

There are a lot of trees down! It might be another crazy season (like 2006). There is A LOT of snow hanging on. In fact, there is still snow at the Junction parking area. We drove two miles up Peoh Point Road before hitting impassable snow. Snow is on road 33 immediately after the Junction turnoff. You run into snow on the road immediately on Gnat Flat Road, #3330. We won’t be opening any trails until we can loop Taneum Ridge with Fishhook Flats trail which is at least a month out. Johnny Mac will be helping me push the snow line this Friday, so I will update the Twitter account (under “MOTOSHOTS”) and the Facebook Page Friday afternoon.
Yesterday I walked the 4WD321 out in Liberty. Things are drying out there fairly rapidly. We will have volunteers out next weekend working on the lower system. If I had to make a prediction, I would give three more weeks before we can consider opening the lower 4WD321-4WD319 loop.
I want to thank everyone for staying off the wet trails while we are under the Seasonal Closure. Our District is trying desperately to defend an “Open as they Dry” policy instead of a hard-date closure (June 15th). Our ability to justify this policy to those who make the decisions depends on the cooperation of our user-groups.

Our District is trying desperately to defend an “Open as they Dry” policy instead of a hard-date closure (June 15th). Our ability to justify this policy to those who make the decisions depends on the cooperation of our user-groups.

Good luck with that...:rolleyes: We could wheel 4 or 5 weeks out of the year then, its WA people! I am glad they are making an effort to clear out some trails. I plan on taking my saw a usual and clearing anything blocking the trail, cant wait to get back over there.

Back