Mercury Mariner - General Comments of Ownership and Opinions | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Mercury Mariner - General Comments of Ownership and Opinions

Faster Life

Reaction score
City, State
MPLS
Year, Model & Trim Level
99' EB SOHC 4.0
Hi,

I might be selling my 1999 Ford Explorer, which has been a great vehicle for years. I just feel it's time to part ways...

Because of this good experience, (and because I really liked my ex-girlfriends 2005 Mariner) I'm seriously considering a 05 to 06 Mariner, with AWD/4x4.

The mileage of the vehicle will probably be 100k plus, as I'm a student who can't plop down lots of cash.

I'm curious to know what issues are common around this mileage, or what general issues are found in Escape/Mariners. I'm also curious to just get general feedback about likes/dislikes. Every owner I've spoken with has said they've been very satisfied.

Thanks! :)

My dad had about a 2005 Mazda Tribute. He piled on the miles like crazy- probably an average of 40,000 miles a year for the few years he owned it. Never had any issues other than the typical wear items.

While this forum is a great one for Explorers, the Escape sub-forum doesn't see much action. Head over to escape-city for a forum dedicated to the Escape platform. Lots of traffic over there.

My dad had about a 2005 Mazda Tribute. He piled on the miles like crazy- probably an average of 40,000 miles a year for the few years he owned it. Never had any issues other than the typical wear items.

While this forum is a great one for Explorers, the Escape sub-forum doesn't see much action. Head over to escape-city for a forum dedicated to the Escape platform. Lots of traffic over there.

Thanks for the advice. I'm feeling pretty good about picking up one of these little trucks!

Back