MPG after Fuel Delivery Module Replacement. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MPG after Fuel Delivery Module Replacement.

stafftd

Reaction score
City, State
Maplewood, MN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer
Had the Fuel Delivery Module replaced on my 2013 Explorer two weeks ago for the recall. My MPG has dropped by 5 MPG since the replacement. Is anyone else experiencing the drop in MPG after the module replacement???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's interesting. I just had mine done recently and millage does seem a bit worse - I'll have to actually track it.

Ours has gone down by at least 3 MPG. It manages 19.5 on the highway now at 60 mph. My Chevy truck with vortec v8 gets 20, so this is very unacceptable.

We didn't have any difference in ours that I have noticed. Does MN switch to a winter blend like Chicago does? If so, that will impact your fuel economy somewhat negatively (but shouldn't be a difference of 5mpg!). What were your before and after numbers?

Have any of you verified the actual MPG by measuring miles between fills? It would be interesting to know if the drop in MPG is actual or a issue with the computer calculations.

I have a 2013 Limited 4WD and since the fuel replacement about a month ago, I've been averaging 16.8 mpg city. Not sure if that's good or not as I never took note of what it was before the replacement.

Is that about right or is that really bad?

I posted about this A couple weeks ago. My guess was winter gas being used. I dorve the EX the other day and was able to get my usual MPG but found it much hard and less forgiving.

I had my module replace about a month ago.

My wife also admitted that she was not being nice to it.

Have any of you verified the actual MPG by measuring miles between fills? It would be interesting to know if the drop in MPG is actual or a issue with the computer calculations.

Good question. no I havent I will have to keep track of that.

Looking at everyones locations, most of us are in locations that receive pretty cold/snowy weather, aside from Arkansas (im not sure if winter gas is used there Or if it is a cold climate) I am leaning toward that being the main issue.....I hope, we bought the Ex due to its better fuel mileage.

Back