Mullet's 95 ranger xl, junker extrodinaire... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Mullet's 95 ranger xl, junker extrodinaire...

Mullet_is_mE

Reaction score
City, State
ass-end of eastern pennsylvania
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 RANGER XL 3.0 2wd
let's see, where do i begin....

1995 ford ranger xl
3.0l
auto trans
2wd
ext cab
14" rims soon to be swapped for 15" rims
all stock except for 500# active helper springs on the rear leafs

her name is Frankie - short for frankenstein due to the black front end and teal body. i acquired her back in may of 2010 from a neighbor who, quite frankly, didn't think my last ranger was a very safe vehicle (1989 ranger xlt, named Cookie, 5spd, blown rear top driver side shock mount, body and frame rust EVERYWHERE (bondo everywhere from previous owner), clutch went FUBAR, thermo housing was fused with the intake and had over heating probs due to the need for a new thermostat, 299,x.. miles on it when i junked it a week before getting Frankie).

this little truck is the ****. it had 151,x.. miles on it when i got it (it now has 164,x.. miles), a whole new front end and a lot of TLC. this truck has done EVERYTHING i've ever asked it to do and has suprised me in it's ruggedness through and through and still surprises me. within the first month i had it, i did a junk hauling job in philly. i hauled almost 2000# from philly to levittown in one trip. it was scary, but, it made it. from then on i knew it was a good truck :)

right now, it needs new front shocks (gonna get a set of bilstein's when income tax comes back), a tune-up, proly a quart of oil ( i haven't checked in a few months and i've been feeding it royal purple with my last oil change).

i can't wait to take it up state with me next month for some backwoods b.s. camping. it's gonna take me, my step-son, our gear and rifles plus other b.s. equipment that anyone else can't fit in their lil' p.o.s. cars :cool::p:

1_160431020652308_100000562320766_439483_8240351_n.jpg

Back