2.5L Turbo Diesel RANGER, 4x4, Crew cab | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2.5L Turbo Diesel RANGER, 4x4, Crew cab

uncle sam

Reaction score
City, State
Monkey River Village, Toledo Dist, Belize , Central America
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Ranger, Turbo Diesel
Hello all, I just bought a new 2008 Ford Ranger that you can not get in the U.S. I am a retired U.S. Army Helicopter Pilot, From Texas, living in Belize, Central America. My new Ranger xl, is a 4 cyl 2.5 TURBO DIESEL, 5 spd, 4x4, four Door Crew Cab. My average hwy mileage @ 55-60 mph is about 27-30mpg. This Ranger is built by FORD/MAZDA in Thailand. You can look it up on Google Ford Ranger 2008, Thailand.. I drive up to Texas this time of year, around the 25 of Oct. I will have to bring my own fuel and oil filters as U.S. Ford Dealers will have no idea of what I've got. Makes ME feel like 'the LONE Ranger !!!! Uncle Sam

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

30mpg must be amazing. What choppers did you fly in the Army? Do you have any pics of the Ranger?

Ryan

I flew AH -1G Cobra Attack Helicopters. Served three years in RVN. Last Combat Unit was with the Pink Panthers out of Pleku . I don't have any pictures as of yet but as I have stated in mt Thread you can look it up thru FORD/MAZDA Thailand. Uncle Sam

2008 Ford Ranger,2.5L Turbo Diesel,4X4,Crew Cab

Hello this is uncle sam. My e-mail is sam.scott@live.com drop me a line.

uncle sam do u got pics of ur diesel ranger

robbie how u find these pics and uncle sam ur diesel ranger looks nice

Harley5040 Yes my 2008 2.5L Turbo Ranger was built by Ford/ Mazda in Thailand. Bought it in Belize C.A. It's registered in Belize and has Belize Plates. I drove it through Mexico to the Texas Border. Being a U.S. Citizen I had no problem entering the U.S. No Taxes, No Inspections, No restrictions. I'm not sure If you can get it registered in the U.S. without making some mods to conform with U.S. requirements. About shipping cost I have no idea. BUT My Ranger is HERE. Brand New except for the trip up. You can come and inspect it if you can or want to. Filters and service could be worked out. I bring extra filters with me each time I drive Up. OR maybe I could buy another New one and drive it up for you if you like. Either way I think you should see this one and drive it first hand. regards uncle sam sam.scott@live.com

robbieo11, $24,100.00 plus $2,500.00 Import Duty plus $2,000.00 Tax. Total $28,600.00 My cost to drive it up to Texas was about $450.00

uncle sam u got a nice ranger there i was wondering that when u brought it to the us did u have a permit for it?? because i am trying to bring one from mexico its a2008 ford ranger 4 door just like yours its just that its not a diesel but i heard its kind of hard just to register it to the us i am wondering if theres just like a permit to drive it around

Big5Dogg

5Dogg , I just drove it in to the U.S. as a visitor on vacation. No permits required. Uncle Sam

rebbieo11, all over!!!!

see why cant ford have this in the US waste all the good cars on other counties *******s

I'm still in Texas for about two to three more weeks . I may come back up in May for about two months. Uncle Sam

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The Temple Daily Telagram, Temple Texas, Had an article about my turbo Ranger, last Tues the 3rd of Feb. They CALLED Ford Motor Company in Mich. to inquire about the "Lone Ranger" 2008, 2.5L Turbo Diesel, FOUR DOOR Crew Cab, 4X4. This was THRIR REPLY. "Our FUTURE CYCLE Plans, we don't talk about." Hay Guys.... You figure it out. Uncle Sam

Back