• Register Today It's free!

Mustang electric fan?

J. Kennedy

Reaction score
City, State
Acton, Mass
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 XLT
I want an electric fan with an automatic thermostat. Did I read somewhere here that Mustang electric fans are almost an exact fit AND have thermostats in them? If I was to pull one from a boneyard, what would I look for? I am under the impression that no one has had much luck with aftermarket fans. Thanks in advance, JK.

Electric fan

I too want to know, I am curently looking for this kind of swap.

Searching through and bringing a lot of old threads back to life today.... ;)

Anyone done the fan swap yet?? I'm lookin to get all the power out of my 5.0L that I can without supercharging or NOS. I know its not going to make a big difference but every little bit helps and eventually adds up to hella power....
:bounce:

Dunno about the Mustang fans, but a friend of mine got an auxillary pusher fan out of his wife's old Volvo 740 (mounts in front of the radiator) in his '79 El Camino and he's got a fresh 383 V-8 in it and A/C and during the summer it survived the Texas heat with no problems.

He did go to Pep Boys and get an aftermarket adjustable thermostat to control the fan, runs all the time when the A/C is on and cycles off and on when it needs it otherwise.

He had installed it when he had my 305 in there and while the 305 was reasonably stout it made a difference, it was more responsive and a seat of the pants dyno test revealed that it was an improvement.

Back