Frostbite 2010 | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Frostbite 2010

Channel 7, although i am thinking we will be hunting around for an open freq after we get there. I'll shoot you a text or something when we arrive.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Channel 7, although i am thinking we will be hunting around for an open freq after we get there. I'll shoot you a text or something when we arrive.

Alright sounds good.

Woot!
Injector replaced and running great again.

Sparksaflyin stuck my trailer hitch on, so now I have a rear tow point.

I am going to now try to get a temp gauge working. might not have a cb installed but I will try.

good to hear Jon, they have some really great prizes down their

Guys, I got a cb installed-don't know if it works but it's in there.

I went ahead and re connected the aftermarket temp gauge.
Got the ARB compressor hooked to a switch -don't know if it'll pump tires back up or not, but the new pressure switch works fine. I think this thing might make it there.

Who all is coming here first?

I am planning on being at your place 7:30 - :45 ish.

Joshua changed his mind,and didn't go to his babysitter.:D So I let him have a buddy spend the night. He lives in LaHarpe on main street.
Jon come either back way,and that is main street. We will meet up with you at the corner of 54!! Just call me when you guys leave. And will know when to leave here.

CH 7 !!

Gassed up in Gas!!

Me tired and sore! what a blast!

Checking in here. Man what a fun time we all had.
No serious carnage to report, although the very same tree got no less than 4 explorer's right in the same spot. We have a little smudge in the same spot as Flip 4 ford, Sparksaflyin and ellesar 65. Pwhite also lost a mirror to the same evil toothick pile--
The mud was like sliced bacon on top of grease. This turned green trails to blue, and blue to black.

There must have been 200 rigs show up for this.
I played 20 raffle tickets at a buck a pop and won my lovely bride a day spa massage, and we also won the weekend at the lodge. :thumbsup:

OK, the morning started out in a mass confusion. Our daughter Kinnie decided to tag along so we waited for them for a while. Once we got the grandkid strapped in the back, we headed out to just drive the rim road and ended waiting while sparksaflyin winched a truck Up a green trail!!!. It was just so greasy nobody was getting traction anywhere. There was not one dry area in the whole park, even the rocky areas were covered in carryover mud. If you wanted a snack, you had a snack with mud.

OK so lunch went down, with mud, --more confusion and playing around the pits. We hung out for the raffle and hooked up with flip 4 ford's Wichita gang. This is when the fun started. I don't think any of us newbies were confident enough to go where they led us. I can honestly say I drove over some stuff I cannot believe we made it over. I had been to this park before, but didn't see even half of it. We got down into some stuff :D

It was nice meeting a few new faces-flip 4 ford, pwhite and techieman33's dad, yellwford, happy jack's 2 son's showed up, and man all in all we had a blast!! Thanks for coming guys!!

Pictures will have to wait for a while. I need to clean up.

oh, yeah--

You guys never warned me about a topless truck slinging mud balls at the back of your head when you head out. I thought they were shooting at us--

:ttiwwp:
oh, yeah--

You guys never warned me about a topless truck slinging mud balls at the back of your head when you head out. I thought they were shooting at us--

ROTFLMAO We used ta mud bogg an EB with no top or doors. We used ta put on a sweat suit, gloves and full face helmet for 100% cover then peel off the mud coated stuff after the run. Glad to see Jr. didn't make the carnage list.

Great time, despite my late arrival... I got no pics at all except one at the end of all the X's lined up. Was too busy driving my ass off trying to make it through and over stuff that even the SAS'd rigs were having trouble with. Only had to get strapped once though. :) Wish someone would have gotten a video or some pics of that hill and the approach to it where we all kissed the same tree. It was mean... Also that was my mirror that got broken off, lol. Time to break out the super glue, or make a trip to the yard for another one...

Here's the only pic I got. All lined up at the end of the day...
sv77r6.jpg

Time to break out the super glue, or make a trip to the yard for another one...

Man before you go buy one let me look in the morning man. I think I may have one for you on the extra doors I bought for our truck.:thumbsup:

That's a great pic's of a fantastic day!!!

I'll PM ya about that mirrior!!

of course I left my camara at home!

I'll have to check it out in the morning to be sure, but it looks like I can just glue it back on there. Good as new.

Chainsaw court exhibit one

Sparksaflyin

frostbite048.jpg

exhibit 2
flip4ford

frostbite046.jpg

exhibit 3

frostbite047.jpg

Here are a few pics for atmosphere

Driver meeting breakfast

frostbite017.jpg

Raffle ticket girls
frostbite018.jpg

The crowd
frostbite020.jpg

frostbite021.jpg

frostbite023.jpg

frostbite024.jpg

frostbite027.jpg

frostbite028.jpg

frostbite032.jpg

Mud pit fun

frostbite039.jpg

ok, we went down this--well, a few of us did

frostbite044.jpg

frostbite045.jpg

some random thingys

frostbite050.jpg

frostbite001.jpg

frostbite002.jpg

frostbite003.jpg

frostbite006.jpg

frostbite009.jpg

frostbite011.jpg

frostbite016.jpg

You can really see the greasy clay mud stuck to the tires in the last couple of pictures. Never went sideways up a hill before--that was interesting--lol

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We went just about 7 miles all day. It wasn't to bad. worst part was making room for the truck AND trailor coming threw to pick up a broken heep! why is the h so close to the j lol!!!! cool pic's jon!

Back