My 2006!! (repost from 2002+ forum) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My 2006!! (repost from 2002+ forum)

cwescapexlt4x4

Explorin' the Desert SW
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Litchfield Park, AZ area...
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 King Ranch 4wd 3.0T
COPIED FROM THE OLD 2002+ forum... and originally posted 10/22/05

Friday finally took delivery of my 2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer V8 4x4 luxury edition.

So far so good.

2 minor issues:
Tail gate rattle (already have service appt. tomorrow)
Touchy front passenger seatbelt and likes to engage but not release during normal driving, "traping" passenger and forcing to remove and re-apply seatbelt.

PA220014.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

OK so as of 12/1/05 i now have 3100 miles, it's been on logging roads, snow, ice, the beach, mountain passes, commuter traffic, 2 DINGS in windshield.

Passenger seat belt on order (only "2 in the us right now") to be replaced soon, tail gate rattle, seems to have gone away or i am used to it now.

averaging 16.5 - 18 mpg

I test drove one exactly like yours last week. Same color and everything. If Ford wasn't retarted when it comes to leases, I would have brought it home. I tried to lease it for 36 months and for what it would be a month, I could have bought it.

I will be leasing my next vehicle...because I now have a company truck('05 F150) and never drive my Ex anymore. I have been working here for almost 4 months now and have put gas in the Explorer exactly twice. I definately wouldn't get my moneys worth buying one.

Have anymore pics of it? Looks nice.

Ford seatbelts have been crappy for a long time. Seems like it would be an easy fix. But the rear belts in my 1996 do the same thing. :rolleyes:

Looks nice, I just hope those are better than the 2005 model. That thing scared me half to death, it just wouldnt stop :p

Anyways, good job on affording it :p

On the beach

PB200018-webfriendly.jpg

This is Delray beach between Warrenton, OR and Seaside, OR on the Sunday before Thanksgiving 2006

Back