My '99 Sport with 32s | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My '99 Sport with 32s

Hey yall, I've finally gotten around to registering my vehicle here. Its a 1999 Explorer Sport and I'm in Saint Louis Missouri. I'm not driving in our first snow fall here cause its currently sittin in a friends garage with a broken water pump. Other than that theres not too many lifted explorers around here. Heres a picture and in case youre wondering it does rub quite a bit when turning right.
(lost photo)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

nice lookin sport

Looks good, is that just a torsion twist and shackles?

Looks good, is that just a torsion twist and shackles?

Yessir! Even if I had the money and time for a body lift I don't think I put one on. I like how full the wheel wells are with just the shackles and TT.

Thats a nice looking sport man, it would look good with a black brushguard on the front

Thats a nice looking sport man, it would look good with a black brushguard on the front

Thanks man, I'm still dreaming about one but I don't know if i want the one that wraps around the headlights or not.

Nice sport. I have always liked the black rims look on vehicles.

Thanks man, I'm still dreaming about one but I don't know if i want the one that wraps around the headlights or not.
I would go with the one that wraps around the headlights it would look bad ass

Nice! I've been thinking about black rims but wasn't sure how it would look on dark blue. It looks like yours is the same blue as mine.

Are those 15" rims? Looks great. Very nice Sport

Nice! I've been thinking about black rims but wasn't sure how it would look on dark blue. It looks like yours is the same blue as mine.

Yeah they're 15s. The best part is how great the ford center caps look on them.
(lost photo)

Yeah they're 15s. The best part is how great the ford center caps look on them.
(lost photo)

Very nice man, that duco is choice, are they cragar soft 8's? F*****' sweet ride mate.

Looks really good! :thumbsup:

Any rubbing on the front? I'm torn between running a 32x11.50 on a 15" or a 265/75/16 which is basically a 32x10.50 and would help with rubbing issues. I would rub the soft 8 as well. What is the back spacing on yours?

Edit: looking closely at the first picture it looks like you may have removed the lower corner piece of the front flare for clearance?

Any rubbing on the front? I'm torn between running a 32x11.50 on a 15" or a 265/75/16 which is basically a 32x10.50 and would help with rubbing issues. I would rub the soft 8 as well. What is the back spacing on yours?

Edit: looking closely at the first picture it looks like you may have removed the lower corner piece of the front flare for clearance?

Yeah I did have to remove some of the trim, but it still rubs on the front bumper. 4" backspacing is the best you can do with the soft 8s unless you get them specially made to 3.75". They will definitely rub without a body lift, but if you alter your driving you can make it work. I have to take every turn ridiculously wide and pretty much drive it like a dually in order to avoid rubbing.

Back