• Register Today It's free!

my ex vs. elements of nature..

shanster4x4

Reaction score
City, State
rockland county, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 xlt
Well me and a few friends decided to take it to the trails of the nj border this weekend and had us a lil fun in the mud...I was the only ford of the jeep pack but still proved tht the 3rd gen can still do more than grab groceries...well,long story short...right before we called it a day I decided tht there was a big wide river just beggin to be crossed...the following video will prove tht ford explorers can't swim and will drown if pushed..well,a hydrolocked motor and a slightly soggy interior later,the video of my weekend outing is done. Enjoy! http://m.youtube.com/?client=mv-google&gl=US&hl=en

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

link didnt work atleast for me

no vid.

Oops the link didn't work? I dun have a working computer so I use these forums from my phone...:( but www.youtube.com and a simple search for "lifestyle trucks" will bring it up

Well me and a few friends decided to take it to the trails of the nj border this weekend and had us a lil fun in the mud...I was the only ford of the jeep pack but still proved tht the 3rd gen can still do more than grab groceries...well,long story short...right before we called it a day I decided tht there was a big wide river just beggin to be crossed...the following video will prove tht ford explorers can't swim and will drown if pushed..well,a hydrolocked motor and a slightly soggy interior later,the video of my weekend outing is done. Enjoy! http://m.youtube.com/?client=mv-google&gl=US&hl=en

cool video...what size tires you runnin?

that IS a bad ass video, makes me feel more confident about our trucks!

nice video shanster do u got aim or yahoo

Thanks for the link edit..

I'm runnin 32s all the way around..I had a cut in my sidewall on one of the front tires so unfortunantly I had to switch up my front rims an tires with an xtra set. I currently have 35x12.50 bfg mud
terrains waitin to go on,but I'm holdin off on lift an tires till spring.
My aim is shanster4x4 and I'm usually on at nite..is there anyone else in the local ny/nj area doin there thang with the ex's?? I'd love to go wheelin with anothr ex to help balance me out in my crew of jeeps lol

does the truck still run after the hydroloc?

shanster

u got aim or yahoo messanger. i got both aim and yahoo

We pulled the truck outta the river an I pulled all my plugs out and and it sumhow kicked rite up..I had to putput it home and so far I've had to flush the oil,change my fouled plugs an did the wires while I was at it..the belt is also squeling so I got to attend to tht but othrwise running as can be expected I suppose lol

And my aol screenname is shanster4x4 ..I'm usually on at nite sumtimes

That is the best 3rd gen mudding vid ive seen yet. My bigtgest concern with the 3rd gen and mud is all the independant suspension- did everything hold up ok? I guess images of torn boots and mud getting forced where it shouldnt be come to mind since it seems we have so many more moving parts than the older ex's. BTW: did you suck all the water up through your intake? and if so, is your intake stock? I'm just courious, emergency stream crossings may have to be made with my ex and I just want more info sincs you half drowned yours.

It might have made it without dying if you hadn't hit the water too hard and forced a wave up over your front end and into the intake. Excellent vid though.. I've never seen a 3rd gen do anything as hardcore as that, hah.

nice vid, the way I look at it is your ex needed a bath and thats the funnest bath you could give it. a bit slower on the approach and you would have made it! great vid!

Back