My GPS will not work!!

sjohnsonjd

Reaction score
City, State
Fontana, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer
Dear Explorer forum,
I just recently bought a 2014 Ford Explorer XLT and I bought a GPS from the dealership. I had an Amp installed in the car to improve audio quality ( the premium sound w/9 speakers was just not good enough for me.) Everything worked fine for two days and the GPS and the Amp failed. I found out that the people who installed the amp installed the power supply wrong, which disabled the AMP for about a week. I got that fixed, and had the GPS replaced. I got home to try the GPS and it still does not work! Apparently the fuse to the GPS is out and I need to find where the passenger compartment fuse box is located. I have read some forums and looked at the car and I need pictures as to where the passenger fuse box panel is. The owner's manual is not descriptive as to where the fuse box is located. I used my iPhone to take pictures. Please point as to where it may be so that I do not screw up my new car! Thank you.

Welcome to the Forum sjohnsonjd.:wavey:
I'm not sure what you mean by dealer installed GPS. Are you referring to the Ford Navigation system? The Ford IVT Rep here says that can only be installed at the factory when the vehicle is being built.
Unless Ford has changed the location of the interior fuse box, it is located up above the emergency (parking) brake is. You have to be very, very flexible to get at it. I don't think it could have been put in a worse place. In my picture, I believe the bottom of the panel is just visible above the plug that is above the yellow 'A'.
I assume, from reading your post, that you attempted to post pictures. To post directly from your computer you must be an Elite member ($20). You can also check out the 'Sticky' section of this thread;
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25

Good luck.

Peter

Attachments

• PC170277a.jpg
    PC170277a.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 1,290

sjohnsonjd, did you locate the fuse box?

Peter

I located the fuse box and it was not the fuses. Ford really makes it difficult to find it. Anyway, I took it back to the dealership and they somehow fixed the GPS. Thank you guys very much.

Back