My new 2006 XLT | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My new 2006 XLT

After getting a $700 repair estimate for my Mazda Tribute of Doom, and knowing it still needed another $1000 worth of other work done, I sucked it up and brought home an off lease 2006 XLT V6 4x2 in Silver Birch Metallic with 25K miles. I wanted an Eddie, but I couldn't pass up the price.

D7515_1.jpg

Bullet has leather interior, the 6 disc changer, and rear air, which is really all I needed and I managed to get down my parent's drive way without christening the rear quarter panel on the gate post, so it's all good.

It's still very surreal. I don't know what to do having a car that you know, runs, isn't leaking from three different places, and is safe to drive. I am going to enjoy it though. Greatly. I loved the Tribbie, but it is easily the WORST car I've ever owned. Mazda is apparently japanese for "money pit."

I also got to fondle a 2009 Shelby Mustang Cobra in the lobby. I almost needed a cigarette afterward it was so good. (I am a Mustang girl at heart, but you can't fit a grandmother, a great grandmother, and three kids under 7 in the pony without someone using a lot of profanity and possibly injuring the grands, so Explorer it is!)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's got the bug guard and the tow package.

104_1492a.jpg

Didn't Danny Tanner name his car bullet as well?

Eh, I end up calling it Bull anyway.

nice x u got there u plan on any mods

Back