• Register Today It's free!

Need a little lift help

ToughCountry

Reaction score
City, State
Hopewell Junction NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Explorer Sport
Ive been reading around about lifting the truck and stuff but i just have a little question or opinion of what u think....

I am going to put my shackles on soon and do the TT..most likely AAL and either a 2 or 3 inch BL..rather a 2 inch...so my delema is that i can just get 33s and not do the BL..or i can get 35s for FREE, brand new only on a truck for 1 month, the guy at work is hookin me up. But then do more problems come into play like extended lines and all that stuff..i really dont wanna do all that stuff

any opinons would be great

I have had a tt for almost 2 years and have no problem, what so ever. There are no lines that need to be extended with a tt and shackles. I am not sure about the bodylift, but there are numerous threads about detailed installation of a bodylift. One of those should be able to explain if any lines need to be extended.

Few questions you need to answer here:

1) Are you going to use the truck offroad often, or are you looking for a big street truck.
2) How comfortable are you with cutting metal on your fenders/quarters?
3) Gear ratio is going to come into play here. Are you planning on regearing with whatever tire size you get?
4) Do you understand the extra maintenance and repair work that will be needed if you run 35s on your SLA front?

50/50 with onroad offraod depends if we take my truck or my cousins..i do some small stuff now nothing extreme..I honestly think im just gonna do 33s since i really dont wanna deal with all the extra crap with the 35s
thanx

Back
Top Bottom