• Register Today It's free!

Need front driveshaft

openscars

Reaction score
City, State
Saylorsburg, pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 explorer 5.0 awd
I'm looking for a front driveshaft for a 97 explorer 5.0 awd.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm looking for a front driveshaft for a 97 explorer 5.0 awd.

depending on if i can make a 4406 work in mine, i might have one. take it you need it ASAP?

Would like to find one ASAP. Bought the truck without one

I have a front driveshaft from a 1999 explorer with 4.0L I don't know if it will fit. It has the cup flange on the tcase end.

Please let me know if you are interested.

Would like to find one ASAP. Bought the truck without one
Know why it didnt come with one? The reason I ask is because sometimes, people remove the front driveshaft because the vehicle has a mechanical issue at either the transfer case or the front axle.

It has a cv at the tcase and ujoint on axle. Not exactly sure why it didn't have one in it. Bought it from a friend of ours and he didn't know it missing.

It has a cv at the tcase and ujoint on axle. Not exactly sure why it didn't have one in it. Bought it from a friend of ours and he didn't know it missing.

well if you do need one, i didnt need mine from my 5L swap.

How much are you lookin to get?

how is 30 plus what ever shipping will be. i do know it will need a new u joint however. lost one of the caps

Sounds good to me. Shipped to 18353

Sounds good to me. Shipped to 18353

give me a few days. i will see if it can fit in a carpet tube. btw, it is coming from canada. so if shipping looks a little high, thats why.

Openscars has first dibs on it, but if he's not interest in it, you can have second dibs

ok, let me try and get to packing it up today, and finding out what shipping will be. as mentioned, its coming from canada, so it will be more then if i lived in the u.s.

Trailer Hitch Wanted - 2005 ST

I'm looking for a reasonably priced receiver type trailer hitch for an 05 Sport Trac.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

vroomzoomboom ..... got anymore front driveshafts floating around? I too am in Selkirk and removed mine today and found out it was toast.

Can't figure out the double cardan end as the ball in middle is buggered and too me, doesn't look servicable.

Thanks

Back