• Register Today It's free!

Need New Fuse Box Panel.

Iceman83

Reaction score
City, State
Owensboro, KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 Eddie Bauer
Hi everyone, new to the forums, and I just got my first Ford. I just bought a '96 Eddie Bauer 4 Door 4.0, and the fuse box panel is missing. Do I have to get one from a '96, or can I use one from any year from '95 on up? I have to check the fuse for the radio because it does not work, and I don't know which one it is.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi everyone, new to the forums, and I just got my first Ford. I just bought a '96 Eddie Bauer 4 Door 4.0, and the fuse box panel is missing. Do I have to get one from a '96, or can I use one from any year from '95 on up? I have to check the fuse for the radio because it does not work, and I don't know which one it is.

Which panel? (inside or under hood). Moot anyhow, because they look the same for 95-01 (except '01 Sport) anyhow. Hit a junkyard. I've seen that piece there before. Might find one on eBay.

Welcome to the site. Best Explorer resource anywhere.

Inside the truck, as you open the driver's door.

Inside the truck, as you open the driver's door.

They're all the same from what I've seen. Only difference is colour. Lots of different tan and grey shades between '95-01.

The fuse locations are in the owners manual. If you don't have a manual, they can be found easy enough on eBay (that's how I got my '99). Someone may have a diagram posted somewhere in the archives.

Do you have a junkyard near you? If not, what color are you looking for?

The owners manual should tell you which fuse it is, the panel only has numbers, and the same numbers are listed in the manual. If you don't have a manual, a copy is online here: Dead Link Removed

Alright guys. I just returned from the junkyard and got one. Not an exact match, but close enough. Thanks!

Alright guys. I just returned from the junkyard and got one. Not an exact match, but close enough. Thanks!

Glad to be of service. Colour match means little since you can't see that thing anyhow unless you're getting into the truck.

Back