Need to know Now, 91-94 limited airdam fit on 92 xlt? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Need to know Now, 91-94 limited airdam fit on 92 xlt?

EliteConcept

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
LaPorte, Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Civic LX
Hi I am looking to buy a air dam from a limited explorer from a 94 limited explorer off the board here, but i need to know for sure that its going to fit on my 92 XLT, if so how will it fit and what will it involve me doing...

I will probably need to take the old air dam off...right?

does it fit right over the bumper?

help please,

thanks,
ryan

Take anything plastic or rubber off your existing bumper and the limited dam snaps right into that. I suggest running 2 additional bolts throught where the liscense plate frame mounts up because stock it is all plastic clips and I now a guy with a white 94 limited that popped his off and drove right over the top of it, but I...er ah I mean he got her all back on again. I'd sell ya mine but it will never come off without a sawzall, towhooks go right through it.

the only plastic or rubber peices i can think of that are on there are the lower valence, or air dam, and the black peice thats actually on the bumper, the part that has 2 holes in it....is that all that will need to come off?

Back